What do I need to buy for my forthcoming child? (1 Viewer)

The only thing that always worked to quiet herself was holding her horizontally with her back facing the ground and bouncing. Too much side-to-side movement with rocking chairs, didn't work for us

Up and down the stairs. I did 185 up an downs one night. Like an idiot.

ive a swing chair fom when ellen was small great for putting them to sleep when you need a break. plays music its sort of blue tartan with a little tray and colorful shapes adjustable speeds as well pretty good.
Can have it if you want?

So I take it nothing has changed in the last 11 years?

Congrats!
New babies don't need much. Food, clothes and somewhere to sleep.

I highly recommend getting a stretchy wrap, ring sling or ergonomic baby carrier, you can use it at home, it's much handier than a buggy out and about and leaves you hands free while keeping baby safe and comfortable. A lot of "must haves", even listed on this thread, ended up being a waste of money for me. Worth remembering that you can get things after the baby is born if needed.

Congrats!
New babies don't need much. Food, clothes and somewhere to sleep.

I highly recommend getting a stretchy wrap, ring sling or ergonomic baby carrier, you can use it at home, it's much handier than a buggy out and about and leaves you hands free while keeping baby safe and comfortable. A lot of "must haves", even listed on this thread, ended up being a waste of money for me. Worth remembering that you can get things after the baby is born if needed.
Thanks!

That's literally the only thing we've actually already gone out and bought. Great to hear. Hope you're lot are all doing well??

Thanks!

That's literally the only thing we've actually already gone out and bought. Great to hear. Hope you're lot are all doing well??

What did you get? For the first few months babies just want to be held, strapped on is easier on the arms and back :D

We're great. The boy (now 5) is delighted with his baby sister... who is currently sleeping on her Daddy, in a carrier.

Children are the best thing ever, and also the hardest... but so worth it.

by the way, billy, people are going to be calling by constantly with presents - most of them useless little "cute" outfits that the nipper'll never wear

pre-empt this by sending out the message that you want practical stuff like nappies and vasogen cream and vests and shit like that

The standard baby shower present in Mexico seems to be a gross of nappies. My brothere in law tells me he didn't have to buy a singe one for the first 12 months. Sounds grand and practicial to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back