What do I need to buy for my forthcoming child? (1 Viewer)

hermie

Threads
Website
Visit site
So myself and my better half aren't married. We're very happy together and obviously no plans to ever break-up or anything like that but I understand she has sole custody as things stand. I haven't applied for joint custody. Am I being naive? Is this something anyone here has done before?

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Threads
Website
thumped.com
So myself and my better half aren't married. We're very happy together and obviously no plans to ever break-up or anything like that but I understand she has sole custody as things stand. I haven't applied for joint custody. Am I being naive? Is this something anyone here has done before?
Rather than think of it in terms of break ups, think about what junior’s position would be if anything were to happen to her OR you. Get that shit down on paper.

Unicron

Supporter
Threads
Website
theformersovietreublic.bandcamp.com
Obviously I'm desperately alone so what do I know, but ... obviously you two are great together and all that jazz but doing so would probably be wise if only to cut off the prospect of complications if anything were to ever happen to her.

hermie

Threads
Website
Visit site
Rather than think of it in terms of break ups, think about what junior’s position would be if anything were to happen to her OR you. Get that shit down on paper.
Sorry I should clarify that we've been cohabiting for several years so if anything were to ever happen to her guardianship should be no problem in that scenario. Unless, again, I'm just being naive. So if I'm okay on point 2 in the below, should I still insist on getting point 1
Fathers - Treoir

Squiggle

Born-again non-smoker
Supporter
Threads
Website
www.myspace.com
And for travel... if you ever needed to travel on your own with jr then it could be an issue if you haven't got it all sorted.

chris d

Supporter
Threads
I am getting through an ungodly amount of kitchen roll, destroying the future environment for the two girls.

How ironic. #ThinkAboutIt

Can I buy some sleep?

chris d

Supporter
Threads
I need an automated burping machine. Figure it out boffins

Also, stop my kids knowing when 3 hours are up.

chris d

Supporter
Threads
Bought a big tupperware container for putting washed bottles in to instead of leaving them all over the draining board. Kitchen actually looks tidy and makes me feel like we have our life on track.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• The Calling
    Observer
    Sevdaliza
    The Calling

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Donate!

Total amount
€0.00
Goal
€100.00

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads