What do I need to buy for my forthcoming child? (2 Viewers)

why do any of the dads know about their wives' booby problems?

don't get involved in all that, billy, it's important that you're view of mrs billy remains as that of a venus-like object of your affections, and not some deteriorating biddy in a hospice

of course, this in turn can only lead to more babies, and more cracked boobs

Can't believe I repped you earlier! :D

Breast feeding is so hard, depressing and painful at the start. I remember nearly crying everytime I had to feed my baby and began to resent it. But with support and encouragement by my partner and midwife etc I stuck with it. My mother and mother in law were a disastrous mind you. They kept telling me to give jack it in and put her on a bottle. Cheers.

Breast feeding is so hard, depressing and painful at the start. I remember nearly crying everytime I had to feed my baby and began to resent it. But with support and encouragement by my partner and midwife etc I stuck with it. My mother and mother in law were a disastrous mind you. They kept telling me to give jack it in and put her on a bottle. Cheers.

Suck it up for christs sake.

Oh I'm all for being supportive in the booby department (literally and figuratively speaking). I just think buying lavender ointment (or whatever it is) isn't a joint decision.

I tried to give the little one the bottle this morning. The look of pure disgust on her face, haha.

I asked my sister-in-law a minute ago and she suggested the following:
- it'll take 3 - 4 months to not be a wreck, and to feel like you're doing it alright.
- get on of these, as you "can put it down whereever you are, and the baby will sleep"

billy i was just thinking about you today and what a deadly da you're going to be.

i'm reading bits of this thread out to my ma and she says that when she was expecting me she had to scrub her nips hard with a nailbrush every day to toughen them up. and do what she calls 'pinching exercises'.

'it was tough, but it did the trick' she says.

ugggghhhhhhh.

First of all, your ma is a perv.

Second, Billy rarely gets off those nips at this point. They are about 4 times the size they used to be, and calloused.

That's his job, suckling. He is never happier than when he is sat down in front of the TV, football on, can of Dutch Gold tucked into the gap in the couch, suckling away.

Oh Billy someone bought us a sling thing that was real useful for a while after the first month or so, Isabelle would go off asleep in it during the day and I could work at the computer with her in it

I half suspect we might have been better off long term if we'd tried to get her used to going down in the cot during the day instead but we were frazzled enough as it was, and the sling was a bit of a lifesaver for a while

Oh yeah and one other thing, we had one of those big inflatable excercise balls, and I whiled away many's the night sitting on it with herself in my arms bouncing and bouncing and bouncing

Oh Billy someone bought us a sling thing that was real useful for a while after the first month or so, Isabelle would go off asleep in it during the day and I could work at the computer with her in it

I half suspect we might have been better off long term if we'd tried to get her used to going down in the cot during the day instead but we were frazzled enough as it was, and the sling was a bit of a lifesaver for a while

Oh yeah and one other thing, we had one of those big inflatable excercise balls, and I whiled away many's the night sitting on it with herself in my arms bouncing and bouncing and bouncing

We're looking at the slings at the moment. Look like a good investment!
And I have an exercise ball - will need to inflate it this week.

I bought a rocking chair a month or two ago and that's the dog's bollix (like those Korean meatballs I had at lunch).

WoodenSpn.gif

The only thing that always worked to quiet herself was holding her horizontally with her back facing the ground and bouncing. Too much side-to-side movement with rocking chairs, didn't work for us

Totally agree on the side-to-side motion not being a good thing but a rocking chair can work for a baby if you hold the baby:
lying on it's back on your legs with it's feet against your stomach
upright against your shoulder
sitting on your lap, facing away from you

The only thing that always worked to quiet herself was holding her horizontally with her back facing the ground and bouncing. Too much side-to-side movement with rocking chairs, didn't work for us

I didn't buy it because of the baby. Bought it for herself. It's perfect for a pregnant lady.
We'll see if the rocking thing works. It worked for my niece (my brother used to take her out in the car and the gentle rocking usually got her to sleep).

Is it any use getting one of those jangly bell things during the pregnancy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back