What do I need to buy for my forthcoming child? (1 Viewer)

by the way, you don't use sudocreme on a babies bum at the start. what you do need, is vaseline. Put it on in the place of sudocreme and it makes getting the meconium off a lot handier. After a week or two weeks you might notice nappy rash coming. That's because their little bums are reacting to the acids in their wee and poo. Here's were you slather their bumeens in sudocreme.

• have a steriliser and bottles and formula anyway just in case the breastfeeding goes higgeldy piggeldy at the beginning. you're bound to have hiccups, the most important thing is support and to not be made feel like a failure for feeling that it's too difficult. because it is fucking hard, but gets so much easier. also, don't mind all the nazi books that tell you otherwise. a bottle the odd time won't do any damage to the baby or its feeding habits.
i'll go think some more now...
FWIW when Mrs. egg_ was having trouble breastfeeding (and she had plenty - open sores on nipples for eight weeks) she found that pumping was just as sore as feeding, and it was impossible to get egg_ jr. to drink from a bottle - so trying to bottle feed was almost as stressful as breastfeeding, despite the pain

Lavender essential oil on the nipples was what sorted it out in the end

even if she is breastfeeding it's a good idea to get a steraliser and bottles, then the mother can pump milk and the father can get some quality feeding/bonding time with the baby too, as well as giving the mother a rest.

seconded eggs suggestion about freezing dinners.

There are good and bad breast pads. I'll find out the make of the good ones.

- two changing mats. One downstairs, the other upstairs.

- yes, lots of vests

- wet wipes

- breast pump. Breast feeding is tough for the first 2 / 3 weeks but is really worth it in the end. Expressing milk and a quality steriliser (steam) helps.

- decent digital baby monitor

- baby den fence. Separates part of a room into a baby area. You can then leave the nipper there to play safe in the knowledge he/she will be ok as you will have baby-proofed the area first.

- plastic containers for freezing homemade food. Feed the baby what you eat. Make up portions of potato, rice etc. Babyfood in jars etc is muck.

- plastic containers for freezing homemade food. Feed the baby what you eat. Make up portions of potato, rice etc. Babyfood in jars etc is muck.

You can get these little zip lock baggies for that over here, they are cheap and they take up no room in the freezer, and they are waterproof.

I will send you over a box of them if you haven't got them in Angleterreland.

You should probably buy a backup child, and keep it somewhere handy for emergencies.

If you went out on the lock some night say, and lost it or broke it or something, Jo would be only livid I'd say. :mad:

if ye're thinking of breastfeeding, then get this bad boy.
lansinoh-creme.gif

about 13quid in mothercare and you'll only need the one. after two weeks or so of constant feeding you wont need it.
the lady's cracked, painful bleeding nipples will thank you for it.

if i was to do it again, I wouldn't have bought babygros and vests in mothercare. You'll be buying new sizes every three weeks or so. Dunnes all the way.

Fuck that.

Cabbage those beauties up. It works like a charm, whilst also givung your baps a woderfull vegetable soup smell.Like Country Store for perverts.

Lavender essential oil on the nipples was what sorted it out in the end
I mentioned this to my girlfriend.

She said that the baby digests anything on the nipples when breast feeding. And apparently lavender essential oil has been linked to the boys developing boobies. Something like that anyway.

Personally, I've been drinking lavender essential oils since I was knee-high to a tub of Neals Yard skin cream, and I most certainly don't have boobies. I'm all man.

by the way, billy, people are going to be calling by constantly with presents - pre-empt this by sending out the message that you want practical stuff like nappies and vasogen cream and vests and shit like that

Very good call

Cook loads of dinners and freeze them. Don't tell anyone you've done this (if you do they won't come over and cook you dinner)

Yes x 10,000. For about 3 weeks after I had my little un I lived in my pyjamas and struggled with breastfeeding 8 times a day for an hour at a time, which resulted in me being a permanent fixture on the couch and living on cups of tea and biscuits. I would have adored if people cooked me dinner/if I had made them in advance. My boyfriend was working really long hours so it was a nightmare.

Nice...my little un actually excreted her meconium in utero. Fun times.

She said that the baby digests anything on the nipples when breast feeding. And apparently lavender essential oil has been linked to the boys developing boobies. Something like that anyway.
Lucky egg_ jr. is a girl, wha? Niamh washed it off before feeding anyway
Found the article, hadn't heard about it before now
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6318043.stm

why do any of the dads know about their wives' booby problems?

don't get involved in all that, billy, it's important that you're view of mrs billy remains as that of a venus-like object of your affections, and not some deteriorating biddy in a hospice

of course, this in turn can only lead to more babies, and more cracked boobs

Oh and Billy, buy a million muslin cloths. They are invaluable for little pukes and dribbles etc. You can rinse them out and they dry in no time. Oh, you can use them with the little one too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back