What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (2 Viewers)

A Life In Music by Andre Makine. A real short one about a Russian guy who falls foul of the authorities in the 40s. Excellent, I like this kinda thing.

The Occupation Trilogy by Patrick Modiano. Three novels in one, the third one was very good.

The Death Archives: Mayhem 1984-94 by Necrobutcher. Quite a nice photo book thing about a great bunch of lads and their band.

The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell. Silly and really bad at times, but entertaining nonsense all the same.

I managed to read 87 books this year. A lot of them were single story chapbooks but still very impressed with myself. I think I read 60-something last year and 30-ish any previous year.

dunno where the Ayn Rand discussion is. I thought it was here. @flashback you asked me why I liked Atlas Shrugged in whatever that other thread was. I dunno really. I thought it was a good story. The stuff about the rail company, the struggles with it, etc. But the bit about them getting lost in the plane and ending up on that island with the other 'elite', and how society can't function without the 'elite', and how the 'elite' needs to be recognised as being greater than the 'non-elite' definitely does grate. But its well-written and as a piece of literature, subtext aside, I recall it being a rewarding read.

Currently reading Mark Lanegan's autobiography. Its a bit grim, but a good read so far (about half-way through).

I never knew how close he was to Kurt Cobain. Spoiler, Cobain has just killed himself. Not sure where the book is going next, but looking forward to the rest of it.

Goodreads has updated by previous reading challenges and removed some books from them so now I have no longer met any of them wtf

anyway, i'm glad to see another conversation about Earthsea started on the last page as if we hadn't just spent ages fighting about it. "Seminal" wtf @snakybus, people have been banned for less on here.

Currently reading Mark Lanegan's autobiography. Its a bit grim, but a good read so far (about half-way through).

I never knew how close he was to Kurt Cobain. Spoiler, Cobain has just killed himself. Not sure where the book is going next, but looking forward to the rest of it.

spoiler, Courtney Love kept stalking him to get her heroin. Until he hid from her for a bit and she got someone else to get her heroin for her.

But now he's after getting heroin for some lad from Alice in Chains who just got out of rehab (Layne somebody).

Basically, there's lots of heroin in this book.

spoiler, Courtney Love kept stalking him to get her heroin. Until he hid from her for a bit and she got someone else to get her heroin for her.

But now he's after getting heroin for some lad from Alice in Chains who just got out of rehab (Layne somebody).

Basically, there's lots of heroin in this book.
Layne Staley... 3 guesses what happened to him in the end.

Also:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back