What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (4 Viewers)

I read Molloy by Samuel Beckett. It was good, I really enjoyed it - surreal and amusing. While i was reading it I felt that I wouldn't read another Beckett after it (even though I was enjoying it) but now I think I will read more.

Heartburn by Nora Ephron. This was really funny and enjoyable.

The Man Who Came Uptown by George Pelecanos. I finished this in a day but it's far from his best. If you've read one Pelecanos book then you've kind of read them all for the most part and this definitely isn't the one to start with.

last month or so

A Different Drummer by William Melville Kelley
Sabrina by Nick Drnaso
My Year Of Rest And Relaxation by Ottessa Moshfegh

3 really different reads but thought they were all great

12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos

"For dad,

a book by my other dad,

luv, ann"

Finished Never Anyone But You by Rupert Thomson - A superb read based on the life of Claude Cahun (born Lucy Schwob). A sweeping dramatic and romantic tale taking in 1920s art and culture in Paris to the rise of Nazism and the German invasion of France and beyond.

Today I am starting The Salt Path by Raynor Winn - A non fiction account of a couple who lost their home, just as the husband was diagnosed with a terminal illness, and who decided to leave everything behind and take a 630 mile walk from their home around the South West Coast of England.

This yoke

New-Dark-Age-1050-5927870a2b206657f6b87133d3f776c4.jpg

Prolly the best non fiction book i've read in recent times. Would recommend to one and all.

I've now finished this and also recommend it.

I've just started Dance Dance Dance by Haruki Murakami - It's a while since I read anything by him. I'm a few chapters in and already I've got reservations!

Lanny by Max Porter. Some really cool odd English folklore vibes wrapped up in a story about a kid (to be vague about the plot)

Loved it.

Lanny by Max Porter. Some really cool odd English folklore vibes wrapped up in a story about a kid (to be vague about the plot)

Loved it.
I hate him so much and in such an unfair way that I really need to read that book. I bet i'll end up loving it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back