What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (9 Viewers)

currently reading Things We Didn't See Coming..half way through it (it's a just shy of 200 pages) and although it's interesting, I am not sure why it's received so many rave reviews.

I read a review which referenced The Road when discussing it, and as The Road is one of my favourite books of the last 10 years I was always going to get this book.

will reserve final judgement until I have completed it but so far I'd give it 6/10.

http://stevenamsterdam.com/Things_We_Didnt_See_Coming_by_Steven_Amsterdam.html

In the Miso Soup by Ryu Murakami

Well that was weird. A freaky oul book, left me feeling a bit odd. It was pretty good, and I liked the main character Kenji. I think the author tried to make things a bit too obvious sometimes though. I would recommend it, if you like dark novels.

Going to read "Darkness Visible" by William Golding now.

I'd love a miso right now,wonder if there's any in the kitchen....I'm slowly but surely working my way through 'the Isles' at the moment,from reading a few reviews it seems it wasn't popularly received by the critics but still,I really am enjoying it.I just hope he can maintain the standard all the way through.

how-to-read-a-photograph-cover.jpg

Some nice photos included
And it has a couple of pages for each photographer - so it's a nice introduction to people who's work you hight like to check out.
However
His analysis of the images is risible
It should have been titled, how to talk wank about photography
He made some comment about how WW1 was a return to the earth or some such shite - after which I totally tuned out and just looked at the pictures.

finished To The White Sea by James Dickey. outstanding. have ordered Deliverance next. moving onto Deadwood by Pete Dexter. enjoyed Train by him and interested to read his take on the subject matter having loved the tv show so much. this was written years before the tv series and is supposed to be a more historically accurate version of events as far as these things go.
deadwood-pete-dexter-paperback-cover-art.jpg

currently

the feast of the goat - mario vargas llosa
plays of oscar wilde (as part of a book of his selected works)
the outsiders - se hinton

last night, i finished "lights out in wonderland" by dbc pierre. it was awful.

I'm struggling with new books, so I have just finished re-reading something amusing and not too taxing.

Then-We-Came-To-The-End-By-Joshua-Ferris.jpeg

Anybody who ever worked in an office should find it very amusing and very true.

I loved that.

The Godfather guy amused me greatly

yeah it's a great book. has anyone read his second novel, The Unnamed? it got some decent reviews. i have it on my to read list but it's way down the bottom

yeah it's a great book. has anyone read his second novel, The Unnamed? it got some decent reviews. i have it on my to read list but it's way down the bottom

I was 3 chapters in and enjoying it, but then dropped it into the Liffey by accident. Somebody booed me, as I was reading it, while leaning over the boardwalk railing. Must buy it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back