What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (2 Viewers)

read klaus kinski's autobiography recently, it's a must-read. if you know anything about kinski you're probably aware that he was a bit mental but in fact he was absolutely mental. good writer too.

read klaus kinski's autobiography recently, it's a must-read. if you know anything about kinski you're probably aware that he was a bit mental but in fact he was absolutely mental. good writer too.

That's an amazing book. An amazingly fucked-up book. I remember finding it in the library in college and reading it when I should have been revising for something-or-other.

Last night I read:
lem-a_perfect_vacuum.jpg

Like the cover says.
Some meta-chuckles to be had.

loneliness.runner.jpg

dont mind the warner bro's thing,it is a book too.got the movie a year or so back but never got round to watching it.anyway,the book is excellent,only a short story really but theres another 8 stories with it so well worth a look.probably one of the better books i've read this year and i devour books.everyone get out and buy it :)

I recently read:

The Other by Ryszard Kapuscinski, its a series of lectures he gave about the meeting/exchange between europeans and non-europeans. not much good really.

The Shape Of Further Things by Brian Aldiss - a non-fiction ramble about dreams, sci-fi, computers and various things. neither good nor bad.

A Chinese Perspective by Brian Aldiss. A sci-fi novella, very good.

I've started Atheist Delusions: The Christian Revolution and its Fashionable Enemies by David Bentley Hart. Its a kind of anti God Delusion thing, entertainingly written but i can see myself getting tired of it.

6781142.jpg
51WGkSbECjL._SL75_.jpg
7087834.jpg
863971.jpg

The urban condition: space, community, and self in the contemporary metropolis By Ghent Urban Studies Team

for my thesis.

Hopefully the longest book title i ever have to deal with. I just pop into this thread to envy all of you.

Has anyone here read this

n50351.jpg

I highly recommend it and I'll be finished my thesis around the same time you finish it.

n144981.jpg

I just got back to reading this. Really makes for a great read. And theres such an interesting story behind the writing of this book (and the lad that wrote it - I'm sure it'll be written someday).

disappointed to see that they're making/have made a film of it though.

I finished Netherland by Joseph O'Neill the other day. I kept threatening to enjoy it but never quite did. Nice prose, etc. I found it hard to sympathise with the characters of Hans and the wife. The Trinidadian dude's stories about home were a bit of a drag too. Zzzz. It was grand. I enjoyed the cricket content, there was real enthusiasm there.

Then I started on this:
markmazowersale.jpeg

However, I'm 1 chapter in and the following book arrives from Amazon:

haines.jpg

And I have switched immediately. Started Bad Vibes last night, already halfway through. It's fun all the way. Salonica can wait a few days.

I've started Atheist Delusions: The Christian Revolution and its Fashionable Enemies by David Bentley Hart. Its a kind of anti God Delusion thing, entertainingly written but i can see myself getting tired of it.

This was an interesting enough read after all, it concentrated more on historical aspects of christianity than on theological stuff. It was quite convincing in its defence of christianity as a force for social improvement in the past, less so in its suggestion that without a powerful christian influence in the world we are all doomed to behave like rotters towards eachother. it also did nothing to undermine my firmly held atheist beliefs.

Then i read First and Last Men by Olaf Stapledon which was so boring i gave up long before the end.

I've just finished Marching To The Fault Line: The 1984 Miners Strike and the Death of Industrial Britain by Francis Beckett and David Hencke. A great read.

Next - The Man Who Fell To Earth by Walter Tevis

%7B3A1D3114-EDFC-4997-BFC8-95B73F7D48AA%7DImg100.jpg

I don't think it's possible for him NOT to write glorious and breathtaking literature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back