What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (3 Viewers)

Brett Easton Ellis - Rules of Attraction. First Ellis I've read.

And hopefully the last.

The above was my first and last Ellis anyway.
don't listen to him. it gets better after rules of attraction. american psycho is one of the funniest books i've ever read. glamorama is a bloated mess but fantastic in parts. lunar park is a metafictional horror story with limited bloods and guts, but it's a great read, very funny in places and creepy without relying on gore

I have this one called "This Is Your Brain On Music" or something like that, I picked up in a US airport. I've half-read it. It's interesting but a bit irritating. I must pick up musicophilia. I've had it recommended by at least one other Thumpeder.

i just read this is your brain on music - rubbish. really annoying, badly written and wishy washy. i just picked up musicophilia in books upstairs for cheap the other day, gonna read some non-music stuff first.

And hopefully the last.

The above was my first and last Ellis anyway.

Oh God I hated Rules of Attraction. American Psycho is amazingly written but so fucked up I couldn't stomach it and gave up half way through. I must tackle it again some time.

Currently reading:
americangods.jpg

(I love Phillip Pullman but that quote is the worst quote I've ever seen on the cover of a book!)

i'm reading mother night at the moment. my first vonnegut. can't see what all the fuss is about. is that one of his lesser books?

Mother Night is very weak alright. I think only his early stuff and maybe Galapagos is good. Cat's Cradle is the best one I think. He seems to believe the hype in his later books. Overall, I wouldn't say he's a great writer, but for some reason I've read, or read and abandoned, just about everything he's written. I think it's the sci-fi trappings and the repetition which drags me in.

Mother Night is very weak alright. I think only his early stuff and maybe Galapagos is good. Cat's Cradle is the best one I think. He seems to believe the hype in his later books. Overall, I wouldn't say he's a great writer, but for some reason I've read, or read and abandoned, just about everything he's written. I think it's the sci-fi trappings and the repetition which drags me in.

So It Goes...

IN5101448mr-whicher_37553t.jpg

read this recently. great read. recounts the events surrounding a murder in a small english village back in the 1860s. history of detective novels nicely intertwined into the book. after starting The Moonstone now. based strongly on the road hill house murder

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back