What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (6 Viewers)

I know I read bits of Literary Theory but I can't remember which bits. Mormon Nailer this is going to wreck my head. Can't remember what kind of writer he was

51VD2T3PS6L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I love a lot of his stuff, and the early part of this odds and sods collection is entertaining (he's wandering around Corsica), but I'm struggling now.

Next up is one of:

the_ascent_of_money.large.jpg

or

hemon_aleksandar_cover.jpg

i'm reading homicide: a year on the killing streets by david simon. fascinating. i'm also re-reading blood meridian. still startling the second time around. the idea that it could be translated onto screen is laughable. can't think of a director who'd do it justice

Bought this at lunchtime today
Just finished this. Very good. Pretty damming on alternative medicine, which was to be expected and hoped for (I like when my prejudices are vindicated). Very thorough, excellently written and quite approachable. Still think they could have approached it with a little more humour without risking dumbing it down (Bad Science succesfuly achieved it) and the tone they took was occasionaly irritating, but still, recommended. And thorough.

Looking for something else to read. Recommendations? No idea what sort of thing I'm up for.

The Thing around your neck by Adichie. Awesome short fiction. Will have to check out her novels, didn't think the would be my kind of books but after reading this I'm a total convert.
9780007306213.jpg

Half of a yellow sun is amazing, I love purple hibicus too.
I think you may have inspired me to go get this one, forgot how much I enjoyed her books.

09ThingsFallApart2.jpg

unbearably beautiful.

Been meaning to read that for ages, will finally get off my ass now and get it...thanks.

I lost Good Evening Mr Rosewater by Kurt Vonnegut while I was in the middle of it (damn bus) but i'm just after finishing this:

021207-pulp.jpg

mmmm, nice book. Not as good as Post Office but I still really enjoyed it. I'm going to go on a Bukowski binge for the next few weeks I reckon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back