What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (3 Viewers)

Big time. I can't help but wonder how similiar our farming indusrty is to the one in the States. Do our beef cattle still eat grass?
Yeah we don't do the big feelot thing over here. It actually makes for better beef in the US. The grain fed beef has better fat marbling. The downside is you could grow tits from eating it.

His other one The Botany of Desire is fascinating too.

pleasuresandsorrows.jpg

I'm reading this at the moment.
Very enjoyable.

Beautifully produced, real heavy glossy paper and there are lots of photos, the ones of warehouses and industrial estates in particular are surprisingly good. They both illustrate the scale of these things and at the same time accentuate the futility of a lot of the jobs.

Must read this. I read one of his other ones - the one about Love/Relationships/etc. It was a good read. Easy to relate to a lot of it. But he came across really arrogant and not a nice person.

But it made me curious to read a bit more....

'The Virgin Suicides' by Eugenides

this was great. Very quick read. A very predictable and well-told story. The beauty of it is that you know exactly whats going to happen but you're on the edge of your seat nonetheless.

Lots of dark humour intermingled with a quite depressing and tragic tale.

Overall this is well worth the effort. I want to see the movie now, just to put faces on the characters.

Not sure what to read next. Either;

- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand (which I've been dipping in and out of for the last while anyway)
- that love story collection that Eugenides put together for charity
- East of Eded by Steinbeck.

All are in the queue.

will decide later.

Bought a hoorish amount of books yesterday in the Borders closing down sale 50% of everything. Forget trying to find anything in particular but if you have the time to do a good browse there's still plenty of worthwhile stuff.

Started High Rise by J.G. Ballard last night. Only 30 pages in but already sucked right in. Can't wait to get stuck into it again.

EDIT: Am I imagining things or is there a thread for recommending music biographies somewhere? Tried searching but have had no luck.

Bought a hoorish amount of books yesterday in the Borders closing down sale 50% of everything. Forget trying to find anything in particular but if you have the time to do a good browse there's still plenty of worthwhile stuff.

Started High Rise by J.G. Ballard last night. Only 30 pages in but already sucked right in. Can't wait to get stuck into it again.

EDIT: Am I imagining things or is there a thread for recommending music biographies somewhere? Tried searching but have had no luck.

Here you go..
http://thumped.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=72646&highlight=luke+haines

Post Office by Charles Bukowski. I usually like reading books pretty slowly and enjoying them but I couldn't put this one down, had to finish it...loved it.

And i'm just after starting this...

godblessyoumrrosewatervonnegut.jpg

Two chapters in and i'm laughing my ass off in my head. Classic oddball Vonnegut.

Last night I read Gang Leader For A Day. I'd recommend it to fans of The Wire.
Gang Leader for a Day: A Rogue Sociologist Takes to the Streets: Sudhir Venkatesh: 9781594201509: Amazon.com: Books

the night before I read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Funny.
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Classic Regency Romance - Now with Ultraviolent Zombie Mayhem!: Jane Austen, Seth Grahame-Smith: 9781594743344: Amazon.com: Books

Being on holidays rules - I'm just sorry I didn't bring more bukes.

Tonight I might finish off God Is Not Great

Borders are closing down? Really? The one in Blanch?

Borders are closing down? Really? The one in Blanch?
Yep, still some good stuff left, queues were insane when I was there but got tonnes of stuff for the sprog for Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back