What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (8 Viewers)

Started reading 'Homage to Catalonia' by George Orwell.. I'm surprised by how humour is in it is so far, considering it's about the Spanish Civil War. He's mostly been going on about how unbelievably ramshackle the Republican army was and how he had more chance of dying from hypothermia, starvation or boredom than getting shot by Fascists. Liking it anyway.

finished do androids dream of electric sheep and spent the weekend looking for blade runner on dvd. its proving impossible to find. i had a copy on video years ago but now i´m fiending to see it. fucks sake:rolleyes:

I love the way every book she writes ends in a chapter detailing what everyone did next because she obviously can never ever work out how to end her books. Ah Jackie, I still love you though.

Psychotic no 2 said:
Read Jackie Collins's new one Lovers & Players last night. Pure quality entertainment.

seanface said:
finished do androids dream of electric sheep and spent the weekend looking for blade runner on dvd. its proving impossible to find. i had a copy on video years ago but now i´m fiending to see it. fucks sake:rolleyes:

it was in hmv for 7.99 a while ago, or you could get this box set

6305842442.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

just finished the last John Rankin Rebus novel, Fleshmarket Close. It was ok, I don't know why I like Rebus, but I do.

Now I am reading The Little Friend by Donna Tartt and it's great, like an American Gothic The Corrections crossed with Fried Green Tomatoes.

Pharmaceutical Legislation - cracking text!!! READ THIS!!!! NOTE THE SARCASM!!!
Last chapter of Love in the Time of Cholera.
followed by Tatootime -kindof a retrospective of Japanese and western tatoo art.

Just finished the His Dark Materials trilogy.
One thing I could never get is how the hell did buildings accomodate all those dæmons?

im struggling through "Heliconia Spring" by brian aldiss. its grand but a bit tiresome so far and i cant seen to get time to have a good read of it. im not sure that i'll go straight on to "Heliconia Summer" and "Heliconia Winter" like i had planned before starting this one.

Whelan Bicycle Kick said:
Just finished the His Dark Materials trilogy.
One thing I could never get is how the hell did buildings accomodate all those dæmons?

Ligature! I like it.

Just finished the Haruki Murakami - Kafka on the Shore. Reasonable.

Re: The Book Did I Started Last Night

spiritualtramp said:
Any good? Fisks book on Lebanon is totally amazing.

My fella made off with the new Fisk book the very day I got it. Grumble. I will be bringing it with me to a certain residence though, so do not buy it.:cool:

Reading The Grapes of Wrath. I love the other Steinbeck books I've read and this is more of the same excellent stuff. I like the philosophical chapter interludes. Some beautiful sentences.

Psychotic no 2 said:
My fella made off with the new Fisk book the very day I got it. Grumble. I will be bringing it with me to a certain residence though, so do not buy it.:cool:

Haha deadly. And don't forget the cat, that would totally suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back