What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (2 Viewers)

Recently read:
Neil Gaiman - American Gods
The Guest Cat - Tikashi Hiraide
The Travelling Cat Chronicles - Hiro Arikawa
The Housekeeper and the Professor - Yoko Agawa

Starting today -
A Man Called Ove - Fredrik Backman

I've just finished A Man Called Ove and am about to start Milkman by Anna Burns, with some trepidation I have to say. Reader reviews of this one have been very mixed.

I've just finished A Man Called Ove and am about to start Milkman by Anna Burns, with some trepidation I have to say. Reader reviews of this one have been very mixed.
Oh jeez, yeah, it filled me with dread the whole way through.

Milkman is next for me, though I think I'll be moving fairly slowly through my current read, Isabel Allende "the house of the spirits"

Anyone doing the Goodreads challenge for 2019? I'm setting a lofty goal of 60. My goal last year was 40, later upped to 50, and finished on 54, so 60 seems doable.

I'm prolly gonna stick with 50. I've jumped up and down over the years but it seems a good number. Apparently I read 67 last year and also the year before, maybe I should aim for that again.

I failed to reach last year's modest target of 20 so this year I'm hopelessly aiming for 25. A friend posted yesterday that he read 110 last year

I think I know the friend and saw, dropped jaw, and instantly felt modest about how much I'd read haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back