What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (5 Viewers)

finished my first Margaret Atwood book today, Th Blind Assassin. Loved it. especially the last 100 pages. Perfect for a nothing Sunday evening. recommendations on where to go with her stuff from here?
I'm far from an expert but I suppose the Handmaid's Tale is the obvious one. I'm only reading it now, it's been sitting on my shelf for, God, 5 years now.

Her earlier stuff tends to be less sci-fi and often very Canadian focused so choose a direction i guess. I loved Cats Eye myself and would recommend it to anyone.

The Maddaam trilogy is the other big one, i haven't read the 3rd book in it and everyone seems to hate it but the first two are really great!

I hear nothing but bad things about The Heart Goes Last as well. A few people I know who are big fan say she's a lot more hit and miss than the general internet of feminism want her to be so bear that in mind.

Last edited:
f043712f-4655-4c8a-b60f-fca1e4c6ca9f.JPG

so fucking good.

I got out a massive long book about the Third Reich from the library and the dude made such a big deal about about giving me loads of time to read it. I guess it's 2 months later and I'm 150 pages into 900 and can't be arsed anymore. I know he's going to ask me about it when I bring it back.

Hitler dies in the end right?

I got out a massive long book about the Third Reich from the library and the dude made such a big deal about about giving me loads of time to read it. I guess it's 2 months later and I'm 150 pages into 900 and can't be arsed anymore. I know he's going to ask me about it when I bring it back.

Hitler dies in the end right?
that guy will be devastated. How could you do that to him?

Finished The Handmaid Tale.

Yeah it was all very good and all that but the real test will be whether or not the universe makes an appearance in Ready Player One.

I started The Undergound Railroad but got bogged down, so I've been reading Alison Moore instead - started with The Lighthouse, then went onto Death and The Seaside. Great writing.
Now reading Donald Fagan's memoir, Eminent Hipsters.

take thee to the "what book are you going to read at some point in the future" thread. sake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back