What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (5 Viewers)

Saccharine Trust’s best is Surviving You, Always, which bridges the more muscular sound of PaganIcons (they were playing songs from it as early as 1981) with the looser jazzy style of the later stuff. But it was never officially digitised so no CD and no streaming. I got a near-mint vinyl copy a few years ago and no I will never sell it.
Now - as I keep telling people:
Nearly everything is on YouTube!
Here is Surviving You, Always w/ all the 12 tracks separated.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

yeah - I can see what you mean; this works really well (having only just listened to the first 4 songs).
Much better than most of later bands who tried to add jazz elements to their punkage.

Really struggling with Morrissey's autobiography. He's so windy, obviously.

I'm just not in the right frame of mind for it. Too tired lately. I think in the right setting I would enjoy it a lot more. Feels a bit like trying to watch The Assassination of Jesse James when you aren't arsed with a big slow film.
The only good thing about that Morrissey book was the cover made to look like an Oxford Classics novel. Otherwise it is one long super whine.

Now - as I keep telling people:
Nearly everything is on YouTube!
Here is Surviving You, Always w/ all the 12 tracks separated.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

yeah - I can see what you mean; this works really well (having only just listened to the first 4 songs).
Much better than most of later bands who tried to add jazz elements to their punkage.

Nice! Like a hybrid between the Contortions and Black Flag. I wonder what would have happened if Black Flag had gone the jazz route..🙃

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back