What a way to die! (1 Viewer)

cuntface

Website
Visit site
Friday March 14, 12:26 PM

Three die retrieving phone from latrine

NAIROBI (Reuters) - Three Kenyans have died trying to retrieve a mobile phone that slipped down an open-pit latrine while its owner answered a call of nature, a newspaper has reported.

Anxious to recover her phone, the owner in the coastal town of Mombasa offered 1,000 shillings (eight pounds) to anyone who would recover it, the Daily Nation said.

Well over half the Kenyan population of 30 million people lives on less than $1 (63 pence) a day.

The first to try -- a 30-year-old radio technician -- failed to resurface after disappearing down a ladder into the latrine.

His friend went after him but slipped and fell. The third casualty, trying to rescue the others, was hauled out of the pit by neighbours after he inhaled the fumes and lost consciousness.

The man was rushed to hospital but died on the way.

"The fumes inside must be extremely poisonous considering the short time it was taking to disable the retrievers," acting Mombasa police chief Peter Njenga was reported as saying.

The Daily Nation said police prevented a fourth man from climbing into the latrine and the search for the phone was eventually abandoned.

That almost sounds like a paddy englishman, paddy irishman joke. I don't think I'd want my phone back if it was covered in crap! No, I definetly wouldn't!

Originally posted by nlgbbbblth
lift went up a floor
she went to step out [she was last] and doors closed on her as she was walking out and she was trapped between them.
lift moved up another half floor

sounds like a fucking dangerous lift if you ask me. if all lifts were like that I'd be dead a long time ago.

Originally posted by nlgbbbblth
lift went up a floor
she went to step out [she was last] and doors closed on her as she was walking out and she was trapped between them.
lift moved up another half floor

it's like the scene in resident evil when you she's gonna die, and want to close your eyes, but you just can't. so you watch her die all the same.

lifts

I remember a party in an apartment block in the liberties where we were having a barbecue on the roof and needed skins or a lighter or something to facilitate smokage

(already rather hammered) three of us managed to get stuck in the lift on the way back up to the roof.

luckily we had a bottle of red wine with us so, far from being distressed, we sat down and continued drinking.

about forty five minutes later we had finished the bottle of wine and were slowly confronting the necessity of going potty in the near future having learned that rescue at the hands of lift service people would be at least another hour.

not really wanting to have to explain to the relevant authorities about how we managed to break their lift (especially not while shitfaced and standing in piss stained pants) i decided to take my fate into my own hands in order to preserve my dignity by escaping before the need to pee became unbearable.

in films there's always a hatch in the roof of the lift. removing the roof of the lift we sadly discovered that this was just another lie that had been diseminated to the masses: no hatch.

unwilling to examine the floor too closely in case we might discover a hatch that did exist in fact rather than fiction there, i turned to the last hope to preserve dry trousers: the lift door.

"stand back!" i announced to my fellow giggling fugitives, as i braced myself against a wall of the lift and heaved against the door. unexpectedly it opened fairly easily and i was left staring at the brick wall between floors two and three. heartened by this new success i tried to open the outer door on floor two, which also gave way to the terror of my intensely focussed thought/action experiment ("must go potty. must go potty. must go...").

holding open the two sets of doors we wriggled down through the gap onto the second floor landing and ran in fits of joy back up the roof to a well deserved piss and spliff.

Speaking of lifts and such

I remember a party in an apartment block in the liberties where we were having a barbecue on the roof and needed skins or a lighter or something to facilitate smokage

(already rather hammered) three of us managed to get stuck in the lift on the way back up to the roof.

luckily we had a bottle of red wine with us so, far from being distressed, we sat down and continued drinking.

about forty five minutes later we had finished the bottle of wine and were slowly confronting the necessity of going potty in the near future having learned that rescue at the hands of lift service people would be at least another hour.

not really wanting to have to explain to the relevant authorities about how we managed to break their lift (especially not while shitfaced and standing in piss stained pants) i decided to take my fate into my own hands in order to preserve my dignity by escaping before the need to pee became unbearable.

in films there's always a hatch in the roof of the lift. removing the roof of the lift, we sadly discovered that this was just another lie that had been diseminated to the masses: no hatch.

unwilling to examine the floor too closely in case we might discover a hatch that did exist in fact rather than fiction there, i turned to the last hope to preserve dry trousers: the lift door.

"stand back!" i announced to my fellow giggling fugitives, as i braced myself against a wall of the lift and heaved against the door. unexpectedly it opened fairly easily and i was left staring at the brick wall between floors two and three. heartened by this new success i tried to open the outer door on floor two, which also gave way to the terror of my intensely focussed thought/action experiment ("must go potty. must go potty. must go...").

holding open the two sets of doors we wriggled down through the gap onto the second floor landing and ran in fits of joy back up the roof to a well deserved piss and spliff.

quality

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back