weyes blood - the innocents (3 Viewers)

Just listening now, this is considerably better than the other stuff I've heard by her, which I'd file dismissively under "comprehensive list of American artists whose influences begin and end with the Zombies." Interesting!

Just listening now, this is considerably better than the other stuff I've heard by her, which I'd file dismissively under "comprehensive list of American artists whose influences begin and end with the Zombies." Interesting!

I'm taking a guess its this song has you making the link to the zombies?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

her later stuff is a good deal popier in places, but the 6os pastiche of that song isn't hugely representative of the rest of it.

the below has become one of my favorite's

This wans name keeps reminding me of this

I'm taking a guess its this song has you making the link to the zombies?

her later stuff is a good deal popier in places, but the 6os pastiche of that song isn't hugely representative of the rest of it.

the below has become one of my favorite's

Ah yeah, both of those songs sound like pastiche to me in all honesty. Same with the song posted by Prefuse above. I can't quite place the second one precisely but I'm just shrugging and going "or I could listen to anyone from the early 70s."

I just remember coming across her and thinking, "didn't the Mynabirds and Natalie Prass already do this exact thing years ago? Why is this one blowing up?" Of course you could make the exact same criticism of them.

I'll have to listen to the album from this thread for a bit though, it seems to be a bit of a different thing.

I like it, but it's a bit much. When she's singing it's full on all the time especially when she's harmonizing with herself. There's no space and the vocal melodies are lost in the harmony. Also, some of the songs are get similar, possibly intentionally so, I dunno e.g. Hang On, Ashes, February Skies. Montrose is a welcome breather
But I like the vibe in general, and the songs are enjoyable. The voice is reminding me of Joan Baez / Marissa Nadler, maybe even Grace Slick at times.

I like it, but it's a bit much. When she's singing it's full on all the time especially when she's harmonizing with herself. There's no space and the vocal melodies are lost in the harmony. Also, some of the songs are get similar, possibly intentionally so, I dunno e.g. Hang On, Ashes, February Skies. Montrose is a welcome breather
But I like the vibe in general, and the songs are enjoyable. The voice is reminding me of Joan Baez / Marissa Nadler, maybe even Grace Slick at times.
listened to Marissa Nadler's new one yesterday

that cover of Nothing Else Matters by Metallica is........

it is very much a 'vibe' record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back