Wet Leg - Wet Leg (2022) (1 Viewer)

I have been listening to this album again and it is really good. And now this line also makes me feel like crying like everything else in the bloody world.

I don't need no dating app
To tell me if I look like crap
To tell me if I'm thin or fat...

I heard this on the radio and thought it was Wet Leg. Except maybe better. Or derivative.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

hmmm. often wondered why musicians feel the need to be funny in their onstage banter. Not having a go at you @ann post, you just prompted me, oh and I'm certainly guilty of this in the past.

This extended break from band business (covid, MS etc) had definitely helped me identify the things I don't like in music and its presentation. Much to the ire of bandmates I think.

hmmm. often wondered why musicians feel the need to be funny in their onstage banter. Not having a go at you @ann post, you just prompted me, oh and I'm certainly guilty of this in the past.
It's not really a 'show thing' with her, i she is just naturally a scathing cynic i think.

EDIT: shit bands do on stage people is worthy train of thought. If the bandmates are ire'd, it means they are learning.

This extended break from band business (covid, MS etc) had definitely helped me identify the things I don't like in music and its presentation. Much to the ire of bandmates I think.

I think sometimes (at least in my case), there's a desire not to be seen to be taking yourself too seriously.

In more recent (relatively) playing live experience, its just been part of having the craic with being in a band playing live.

Definitely angling for King of the Thumped Pricks

I think sometimes (at least in my case), there's a desire not to be seen to be taking yourself too seriously.

In more recent (relatively) playing live experience, its just been part of having the craic with being in a band playing live.
Exactly. I could see grandad there at the back of the gig complaining about people spilling his pint

Brand new animation Yukee, set in Northern Ireland, is a music-first preschool series created by musicians for the musicians of the future.

Yukee will air on CBeebies weekdays from Monday 5th February, and episodes will be available on BBC iPlayer.

The show is a series about the sheer joy of making a noise with friends and reminds us that ‘music is for everyone’. As well as having themes of community, friendship, and cooperation at its heart, Yukee offers young audiences a gentle, child-centred introduction to music education and exposes them to simple, yet fundamental musical concepts that will form a strong foundation for lifelong learning and enjoyment of music - beat, rhythm, pitch, tempo, timbre, form, dynamics, expression and style.

Yukee herself is of Northern Irish and Chinese heritage - and in every episode takes her own beloved red ukulele into a magical garden filled with instrument playing animal friends. Music adventures are never far away, and song ideas can come from anywhere in the garden - be it the rhythmic pitter patter of raindrops, or a gang of passing ants stomping their tiny feet to a steady beat.

Star guests and stories include: Wet Leg who appear as a travelling troupe of snails called The Slime Sisters proving that the most important instrument of all is your voice; Ezra Collective, who are cast as travelling jazz musicians Ezy and Ray in an episode all about improvisation and taking inspiration from the music unexpected of places; Maisie Peters who plays a mouse that’s become lost in the garden and needs a musical map to find her way home.

The BBC's own Lauren Laverne plays a roving reporter called Roxie Rabbit from what other station but, of course, Sticks Music.

We're still a cbeebies house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back