Wet Leg - Wet Leg (2022) (2 Viewers)

Listening to this now finally. It sounds like an album that isn't looking for the kind of attention it is getting. If that makes any sense. It's ok. It could be Sleeper.
@chris d how could you let this slide? Sleeper???? HOW?

I prefer The Bug Club or The Lovely Eggs if were looking for a new British band to get excited about.
The Lovely Eggs have been releasing records for 15 years.

I reckon if anyone has the Paisean Faisean complete OST that'd be a fair approximation of what they sound like.

I tried to get you bastards to listen to them back in 2010 but yiz weren't having it so I'm not gonna listen to your Wet Leg opinions in 2022!

@chris d how could you let this slide? Sleeper???? HOW?
I have thought about this a bit so here's a take.

Before hearing any Wet Leg a couple of months ago, I had Inbetweener on in the car. It struck me that I hadn't heard anything like those big, one-off, 90s tunes, that came out of nowhere, in a long time. I am talking your Hobo Humpin Slobo Babes, or your Henry Rollins Liars, Shampoo Trouble etc etc.

Something that is instantly recognisable as a banger. New (to your ears). Exciting.

This is obviously down to a few things. I am now 40, not 13. It's not the 90s anymore. Other stuff.

But it did make me nostalgic for Inbetweener. An instant classic. Funny video. Kind of thing you got excited about hearing on the TV and couldn't wait to see again.

That's exactly what I got when I heard Chaise Longue on the bbc6 festival highlights on bbc4 a couple of weeks ago.

Now, I am well aware that they sound like a bit of a 90s indie pop banger machine band and that's why I like them. I won't argue. But that song, is a tune.

Last edited:

Before hearing any Wet Leg a couple of months ago, I had Inbetweener on in the car. It struck me that I hadn't heard anything like those big, one-off, 90s tunes, that came out of nowhere, in a long time. I am talking your Hobo Humpin Slobo Babes, or your Henry Rollins Liars, Shampoo Trouble etc etc.

Something that is instantly recognisable as a banger. New (to your ears). Exciting.

This is obviously down to a few things. I am now 40, not 13. It's not the 90s anymore. Other stuff.

But it did make me nostalgic for Inbetweener. An instant classic. Funny video. Kind of thing you got excited about hearing on the TV and couldn't wait to see again.

That's exactly what I got when I heard Chaise Longue on the bbc6 festival highlights on bbc4 a couple of weeks ago.

Now, I am well aware that they sound like a bit of a 90s indie pop banger machine band and that's why I like them. I won't argue. But that song, is a tune.
yes.
this is the best song the breeders never wrote. sorry lili.
its a banger. fair play

This is a comment on culture feels like, not on what music sounds like, if youz had been clear about then we'd probably be in agreement!

The music of Chaise Lounge sounds like Hard To Explain by the Strokes, specifically seconds 53-56 of that song. More generally, it musically it cannot exist in a world before the Strokes so it doesn't sound like Sleeper or the Breeders to me.

At the end of the day, i do recognize that your feelings don't care about my facts and Wet Leg feel like Sleeper to you.

I think they sound nothing at all like the breeders fwiw. Is there a breeders album I never listened to? There's Pod and that other one with Cannonball on it ... are there others?
They sound nothing like the Breeders. Cannonball is a hit indie song with a catchy bassline sung by a woman, and so is Chaise Lounge. At a push it sounds a little like Doe if you only listen to the bass.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ. I'll do it with another song and I'll keep doing it until you declare the entire fucking album not sounding like the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back