Weren't The Doors (1 Viewer)

I'm shocked to find I'm the only one here defending their honour. Shocked and appalled.

i loved me some Doors when i were younger. still think they're good band. jimbob was the proto-iconic lead singer (still the only singer to be arrested onstage) and they actually had some edge and "danger" opposing the war and all. could see them as a doorway(!) into jazz and classical and stuff...they had a lot of stuff goin on musically. and if you subtract some of the druggy/boozy guff (it was the 60's!) they stand up pretty well (except jim, whose lying down). manzarek should stop floggin a dead horse tho. thats just embarrassing.

they're a band its cool to dislike so i guess thats why they gettin the hatin' here!

so are we

you know where the exit is

dawson-crying.jpg

as a kid went for a holiday to trabolgan with a mates family for about a week. i was 13 or there abouts. anyway, there were this group of older kids (14-16) wearing uniform tye dyed doors t-shirts who used to give me and tim shit daily cause we had megadeth and anthrax t-shirts. that pretty much did for the doors and me. however, at least jim did the honorable thing and died. look at doherty and borrel?

everyone likes the doors secretly when they are drunk.it's only when you get sober again that you hate them. I've seen hardened punks at weddings dancing to them says it all really.

btw harden punks at weddings very rarely happens so I could be full of the other.

Morg loves The Doors.

then again, he likes Pete Doherty & Babyshambles.

Morg de-repped me for pointing out that Spiritualized are shit.

Things are falling into place now.

he derepped me for stating the fact above too.

and derepped me for liking Al Murray before.:mad:

i still love him though.

he derepped me for stating the fact above too.

and derepped me for liking Al Murray before.:mad:

i still love him though.
Derepped you cause you're a liar and a ring licker. I don't like babyshambles or Pete Doherty, i do like the Libertines. But its ok to like them Ernesto, Pitchfork said they are cool. And grow a pair, it's ok not agree with everything the cool people on thumped like, sometimes you can even have your own opinion.
:)

Derepped you cause you're a liar and a ring licker. I don't like babyshambles or Pete Doherty, i do like the Libertines. But its ok to like them Ernesto, Pitchfork said they are cool. And grow a pair, it's ok not agree with everything the cool people on thumped like, sometimes you can even have your own opinion.
:)

There are no cool people on Thumped

The fans are a million times worse than the band.
Jim is the progenitor of the rock lyricist as Romantic (as in the artistic movement), hedonistic, visionary, narcissistic slack-arse chancer (do we not know many of them). We owe him much, both kisses and slaps.

Got to get it all in perspective!

The Doors were playing the first and only time i did a girl up the wrong 'un. that says alot.

Doing girls up the wrong un is overrated. Just like the Doors.

Speaking of Art life crossover fusions, I went to see RENT off Broadway, and it actually felt a bit like having AIDS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back