Well this is odd. I need a chorus pedal. (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter mark
  • Start date
  • Replies 54
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 2

mark

M&S Wine Gums FTW
Nobody needs a chorus pedal, right? I mean if you want to sound like Warrent, or Prince in the 80s, then maybe. But otherwise a more useless effect there never was.

However I now find myself needing one for Si Schroeder stuff. I was using an old MXR Micro Chorus which actually sounded pretty good and not harsh at all. But it has died, and the parts to revive it are hard to come by. I have a lend of a Boss CE5 to tide me over, but it's the crappest sounding pedal ever. Sucks all body and life out of the tone and injects a watery horribleness. Ugh.

Why am I posting about this here? Well, like I said nobody needs a chorus pedal. Yet many find themselves owning them. So I'm asking you, my fellow thumped guitar pricks, if you might have at the back of a dusty drawer and chorus pedal that you might be willing to sell to me for little money. Ideally it would be analog, and not have a million knobs, have a footprint befitting a pedal of such importance (small), and not be made by Boss. Adverts is, unsurprisingly, full of Boss Choruses.

The 80's are over people, 'fess up.

Nobody needs a chorus pedal, right? I mean if you want to sound like Warrent, or Prince in the 80s, then maybe. But otherwise a more useless effect there never was.

However I now find myself needing one for Si Schroeder stuff. I was using an old MXR Micro Chorus which actually sounded pretty good and not harsh at all. But it has died, and the parts to revive it are hard to come by. I have a lend of a Boss CE5 to tide me over, but it's the crappest sounding pedal ever. Sucks all body and life out of the tone and injects a watery horribleness. Ugh.

Why am I posting about this here? Well, like I said nobody needs a chorus pedal. Yet many find themselves owning them. So I'm asking you, my fellow thumped guitar pricks, if you might have at the back of a dusty drawer and chorus pedal that you might be willing to sell to me for little money. Ideally it would be analog, and not have a million knobs, have a footprint befitting a pedal of such importance (small), and not be made by Boss. Adverts is, unsurprisingly, full of Boss Choruses.

The 80's are over people, 'fess up.

at the risk of incuring the wrath of thumped, might I suggest getting youre hands on one of these:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335854222&icep_item=230771621721

same chips as the c-2 apparently. have one myself - lovely warm chorus.

Warm is what I'm after, and something that doesn't thin out the sound. Thanks Johnny, noted.

Come on people, don't be embarrased. We're all friends here.

i have the marshall one (that might actually be discontinued). would consider a swap, maybe. i use it all the time, for barr chord progressions that i play entirely with my shoulders.

There's this pedal called a Zoom that you might be interested in investing it. Full of really top shelf sounds. The last pedal you'll buy.

What about this one?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was quite impressed with the big box Small Clone I had here but still not quite as lush as the Micro chorus. Still might be a better option than the CE2.

I've somehow acquired a scary number of chorus pedals over the years I think I have at least four of the fuckers,but I only use the CE-2 really

you can have this one if you like mate?

it's analog and actually sounds half decent!
00001127.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back