Welcome to Ireland, President Trump! (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Michael Begley, the independent Mayor of Clare, said the staff in Doonbeg, who are “exceptionally well treated”, would no doubt welcome a visit from President Trump. He said he would not like to comment on the “political issue of his coming here” until more was known about what is happening and where President Trump might be going.

Hugh McNally, a cousin of US vice president Mike Pence and owner of Morrissey’s pub in Doonbeg, said a number of members from Trump’s nearby golf club were drinking in the bar when word came through about the US president’s visit in November.

He and the customers were “all extremely excited” and “optimistic that the visit will be great for the area and put Doonbeg on the map,” he said.

Donald Trump visit: Opposition deputies condemn plan and warn of protests

"it will be, the GREATEST state visit by an American president to Ireland EVER in the history of state visits to Ireland"

ah be to jaysus and tis delighted we'd be to show ye the whimsical ways of ould oirland me lady

not sure, i only vaguely remember previous india chat...

the picture was of a headline about trump being welcomed to ireland juxtaposed with a picture of the pope looking sad on the IT website, but then i realised the headline was actually about trump NOT being welcome in ireland

Is that the India of thumped fame?
India W*isker? Nah India Knight is a Sunday Times columnist, she's been at it for as long as I can remember. She's not so bad, one of those well-meaning posh people who all have jobs as columnists for life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back