Wedding Present Fans (1 Viewer)

Lili Marlene

-
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Just found out that a band (or at least one of their albums) I've loved for years and years, Cha Cha Cohen, is composed of mostly wedding present members.
What by the Wedding Present should I listen to, I had a cd of their early stuff but found it a bit average so, um, probably not that.

Feel free to wax lyrical

their peak in IMHO is streched over the bizarro and sea monsters albums. both are pretty much perfect. watusi is a corker too, barely a duff track on it.

not a huge fan of george best or supernaturalia. the latest one is so-so. check out the first 2 cinerama albums too. quality stuff.

has to be 'bizarro' or 'seamonsters'...

...'george best' is very good in a jangly indie-pop way but that's probably what you heard and didn't like...

What Mark said. I'm also partial to the first Hit Parade album. Probably best avoid Saturnalia.
Second Cinerama album just pips the first mainly because it has "wow" on it.

What Mark said
& What Anthony said

Bizzaro, Seamonsters & Hit Parade are all remastered and reasonably cheap about the place now... Any one of them and your onto a winner

What Ian said.
i always liked Tommy and Mini. had Tommy on cassette so use to listen to that more on the walkman on the way to school as a result. Probably go for 5 as favourate Hit Parade single

Tommy is like George Best in style but the production is a lot less tinnny than George Best.

I like that and Seamonsters too the best.

I listened to George Best and The World Wont Listen again lately or the first time in years. Both albums would hav been huge favourites of mine as a teenager. I must say the Smiths album has stood the test of time much better.

Thank youz, I guess i'm not interested in them as jangly follow ons to the smiths, BAH! to that

+1 on Bizarro, it's a great album.

They're touring here soon, playing "george best" in its' entirety. Should be pretty good.

I despise The Smiths but have always loved The Wedding Present.

All the albums are great.

I love the t shirt

"All the songs sound the same"

my roommate had it in collage

I wanted it

Just found out that a band (or at least one of their albums) I've loved for years and years, Cha Cha Cohen, is composed of mostly wedding present members.
What by the Wedding Present should I listen to, I had a cd of their early stuff but found it a bit average so, um, probably not that.

Feel free to wax lyrical

Cha Cha Cohen!

Not heard them in years. Bought their first few records, two 7"s called 538 and Freon Shortwave, a 12" Spook Lawn ?? and an LP with a religious image on the sleeve. Quite enjoyable.

The Wedding Present never made a bad record.
George Best - thrilling in 1987. More tinny now but still pretty good.
Bizarro + Seamonsters - awesome records. Beefed up and mosh-viral.
Watusi - underrated. Seems to be deleted.
Mini and Saturnalia - pretty melodic but not as edgy
Take Fountain - a grower.

Their Ukrainian Peel Sessions record rocks but isn't a good starting point.

Cinerama are great too. In a different way.

Anyone get the Wedding Present's Peel Sessions box set? Good but the live stuff from 1995 and 1996 is a bit supefluous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back