Web Hosting Advice (1 Viewer)

hugh

Contributor
Since 2000
Solutions
Hey,

I am looking for a web hosting service to recommend to students and was wondering if anyone here had any recommendations. Ideally I would like it to be:

- cheap (they are students and will have to pay for it themselves)
- supports php/mysql/wordpress
- Irish-based (I would to be able to ring them up and talk to them, potentially negotiate group discount, develop a relationship etc)

Looking at Blacknight Minimus package which is 4.95 p/m + VAT. The thing is though .. it supports 30 domains. They don't need this. They really just need one ... are there cheaper options that maybe offer 5 domains?

I know I could go down the reseller route (i.e. be a reseller and resell out to students) but that would be a pain for all concerned and I want them to have control over their own stuff.

Any ideas/experiences welcome ....

I use hosting/register/whataverthehellitisnow365 myself and would not recommend them ....

I got a mail from this crowd today. They're offering 50% off for students

http://www.spiralhosting.ie/

Hey,

I am looking for a web hosting service to recommend to students and was wondering if anyone here had any recommendations. Ideally I would like it to be:

- cheap (they are students and will have to pay for it themselves)
- supports php/mysql/wordpress
- Irish-based (I would to be able to ring them up and talk to them, potentially negotiate group discount, develop a relationship etc)

Looking at Blacknight Minimus package which is 4.95 p/m + VAT. The thing is though .. it supports 30 domains. They don't need this. They really just need one ... are there cheaper options that maybe offer 5 domains?

I know I could go down the reseller route (i.e. be a reseller and resell out to students) but that would be a pain for all concerned and I want them to have control over their own stuff.

Any ideas/experiences welcome ....

I use hosting/register/whataverthehellitisnow365 myself and would not recommend them ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back