Warsaw - Info, stuff to do, etc. (1 Viewer)

AnarchoBob

So basically it's very probable that I'll move to Warsaw in September for a few months, but I know fuck all about Warsaw.

If anyone knows Warsaw (or more generally Poland) it would be good to know about what venues there are, about any squat or social centre, good veggie/vegan places to eat, good bands to check out, what are the hangout spots, what is there to do or any sort of thing I should know before moving there. All that sort of stuff basically.

Any kind of help in that direction would be absolutely great. Especially looking at yis Polish folk who write on here.

Aye, gonna be based in Warsaw but planning to travel around Poland as much as I can within my possibilities.

Now I have another new problem.

Once again, all the Polish peeps help me out. Where is a good place for a foreigner to look for a flat or to share a room? Cos I have a couple of websites but they haven't proven any good yet.

traditional is best

just get off the boat with a fiver in your pocket and get in with the local loo las and get on with it

why change a winning formula?

never done any of us any harm

Never thought about posting on the hardcore forum, good call! Would rather get a room with someone that may be more into the stuff I am than end up with some weird raver or the Polish version of chavs.

Aye, heard that for students Krakow is the place to be, but to be honest I despise university students (despite being one myself) so glad I won't be around most of European twatty university students.

And yes, it's part of my uni course.

Yeah, Krakow was filled with annoying idiots at the huge Jagellonion but I was at this tiny private place (which actually just means that my uni are too useless to get an agreement with the proper uni) so it wasn't too bad. Warsaw was pretty depressing looking when I visited. Wroclaw was pretty cool though.

Suppose it depends on the individuals. Heard people that loved Krakow but didn't like Warsaw and the other way round. But hopefully will find someone local that can show me round because that's indeed probably the best way to get to see the interesting parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back