Warning for people living around Dublin 15 (1 Viewer)

sleepy

Website
www.facebook.com
Hi folks,

Not sure if this is the right place to put this but a woman was attacked in Carpenterstown Park in Dublin 15 at 7.30am on Saturday. The woman managed to get away and unfortunately so did the guy. This is the 2nd attack that's happened in the area in the last few weeks so be very careful if you're in the area and if at all possible don't travel on your own.

Didn't hear about this, which park was it? Tir na nOg?

I think it's the one beside the Carpenter pub. Next to Castleknock Community College. Is that Tir na nOg?

My wife got a text from one of the neighbors about it. Then later on we heard about the same thing happening to a friend of a friend in the same area

I think it's the one beside the Carpenter pub. Next to Castleknock Community College. Is that Tir na nOg?

My wife got a text from one of the neighbors about it. Then later on we heard about the same thing happening to a friend of a friend in the same area

That's the one, just down the road from us. And this is normally such a nice area, quiet at night sure but I've never felt threatened walking back from our friends' gaff nearby in the middle of the night (though I wouldn't walk through that park after dark, to be fair).

I would, however, like anyone, walk through at half seven in the morning. So obviously whoever did this could be around at any time of day. Any description?

In one of the incidents I heard it was a young lad of about 16 or 17 but that's not really a whole pile to go on. Apart from that I don't really know anything. The gaurds have been given a description of the guy.

I'd be the same as yourself, I'm only down the road from there and think it's a really safe area. Have never felt threatened. Even the gangs of local teenage stoners that hang around the park are really polite. Wouldn't walk through that park at night because there's no street lighting but that's it.

My wife just got a text this morning saying the same thing happened again at 7.30 last night in the same park.

Also, there's been reports of guys shooting up in that park over the last week too.

Jesus guys :( Thanks for the warning @sleepy;

On that note, this happened to me at the end of last year in Portabello, and I've heard continuous stories about it happening in that area so watch out here too. Particularly around all the terraces by the canal.

Jesus guys :( Thanks for the warning @sleepy;

On that note, this happened to me at the end of last year in Portabello, and I've heard continuous stories about it happening in that area so watch out here too. Particularly around all the terraces by the canal.

Jesus, I'm so sorry to hear about that

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back