Wagamama (1 Viewer)

Catwoman

Me and Juno went last night. While the food is perfectly edible and the service fast and friendly, I don't understand why the queue was up the stairs and out the door. Are there any fans here? The food's ok but as far as Asian restaurants go, it's not great.

If anybody's going and feels like being adventurous and trying the chocolate wasabi cake, don't. :mad: Juno and I have suffered so you don't have to...

aye, for a proper restaurant meal, i would choose somewhere else. wagamama's dishes, while filling, do tend towards blandness. the gyoza are lovely though. as i said, for a quick meal its good and handy.

Brian Conniffe said:
aye, for a proper restaurant meal, i would choose somewhere else. wagamama's dishes, while filling, do tend towards blandness. the gyoza are lovely though. as i said, for a quick meal its good and handy.

yammamori is better for a more relaxed effort. not too expensive either...
mmmmm noodlessssss

i agree with Brian, its grand for a quickie but its not the kinda place you go for a chat and to relax for a while after you've eaten cos all these people are giving you evils from the queue, eyeing up yr seat.

Weird.
I like it because it's quick, the food is good, and the experience is hassle-free. No-one's ever stared at me from the stairs, either.

I think it's good. It's fast yeah but nothing wrong with that when you're on for a quick bite. It's not the spiciest. most adventurous Asian food ever but its tasty and fresh and good value. Queue up the stairs is no problem cos it moves really fast. And it's friendly.

Yamamori better?? No way ... that place is shite. I've been twice becuase I couldn't believe it was so crap the first time. It was just as crap the second.

It's been ages since I was in Yamamori, I liked what I had but the service was very slow.

Catwoman said:
It's been ages since I was in Yamamori, I liked what I had but the service was very slow.

The service was awful both times I was there. Not just slow but ...... infected with that "I'm really an actor/actress/artist/whatever and this is really beneath me so you're just lucky I am going to serve you at all" thing. And the food was crap.

Brian Conniffe said:
wagamama is much better than yamamori.
...unless you use tofu steak as the criterion.

i feel really rushed and unwelcome in yamamori, but keep going back for the tofu in mango sauce, and if i ever end up in a last meal scenario, that'll be it.

wagamama takeaway is a weird experience - being able to inhale portions of everything all at once kind of takes the fun away.

We went last night was good but nothing special. My mate didn't like his at all reckoned it was really bland so he didn't eat it, didn't pay for it either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back