Volume on stereo amp going to max volume automatically (1 Viewer)

dunderhead

This has been happening on and off for a couple of years but a little more frequently lately. Twice in a month. As the thread title says, listening to something at about half volume and out of nowhere the fucking thing goes through the roof at full volume. Don't need that lingering shock always there, if its possible to fix easily I'll do that but otherwise after ten years it might be time for a change. any advice? its one of these

1522700729808.png

using it with a project 3 turntable. if it comes to changing it, any recommendations?

Have you tried hitting it with a sledgehammer or maybe fireing at it with a shotgun ?

yeah, used to happen to a 3 in 1 I had back in the 90s. It's a real pain in the ass

This has been happening on and off for a couple of years but a little more frequently lately. Twice in a month. As the thread title says, listening to something at about half volume and out of nowhere the fucking thing goes through the roof at full volume. Don't need that lingering shock always there, if its possible to fix easily I'll do that but otherwise after ten years it might be time for a change. any advice? its one of these

View attachment 12207

using it with a project 3 turntable. if it comes to changing it, any recommendations?

two things i'd try would be cover up the IR sensor in case there's something interfering with it (unlikely) or do a factory reset and see if it improves things.

I don’t remember a picture when I was posting my unhelpful comment before but just taking off the volume knob and cleaning the pot might solve it. It could just be dirt causing occasional shorts. I think it should be cheap enough to solve to not warrant buying a whole new amplifier. Unless this is just a ruse in order to justify buying some new kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back