Voices that put your teeth on edge. (1 Viewer)

Joanna Newsom, ugh ugh ugh. I was stuck in a car once with someone who was playing her really loudly and no joke, I thought I was going to be sick.
Duffy, so winsome and horrible.
Kimya Dawson.. just NO.
Lily Allen, though I think that's the accent more than the voice.

I'm transcribing an interview at the moment and my own voice is pretty retarded. There's an entire year or so of musical output as well that I can't listen to because I think my vocals are so dreadful, even though the stuff before and after was fine.

I've nothing against female vocals in general though. I'm sure there are fellas I dislike as well but I can't think of any, there are a million bands that I just can't listen to because the vocals sound wrong to me, I'm really picky about them.

Your wan from the Cranberries is really the only one that springs to mind.Her voice brings out the worst in me and for that I must condemn her.Unequivocally.

has anyone mentioned Cher? her voice is ghastly. i heard Believe on the radio earlier - ughhhhhh. i also hate her version of walking in memphis, although its a shit song at the best of times. i do like gypsies tramps and thieves.

has anyone mentioned Cher? her voice is ghastly. i heard Believe on the radio earlier - ughhhhhh. i also hate her version of walking in memphis, although its a shit song at the best of times. i do like gypsies tramps and thieves.
'if i could turn back time' is such a cracker though.

stina nordenstam.

Oh god yes, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I don't mind the twee lickle-girl thing on twee French pop from the 60s, mind. Alison Shaw from the Cranes always sounded so demented I could forgive her girliness. And Joanna Newsome is fine in small doses, she starts to irritate me after a few songs.

But Delores O'Cranberry, jeeeezus nooooooo.....

I've also never liked Morrissey's voice, even though I always liked his lyrics. Can't stand Freddie Mercury either, but that's mostly due to sibling over-exposure.

I was reminded of the horribleness of Michael Bolton the other day, had blissfully forgotten about him.

Alison Shaw from the Cranes always sounded so demented I could forgive her girliness.

I agree. Likewise with this from back in the day:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Pretty deadly.

Got the Passion Pit ep Chunk of Change over the weekend. The music's kind of enjoyable but the guy's voice is fuckin horrendous. It's this horrible atonal falsetto that just fuckin ruins the whole thing. Awful

I agree. Likewise with this from back in the day:

YouTube - Miranda Sex Garden- Play

Pretty deadly.

Ahhh that's a blast from the past. The girls from MSG are now in The Medeival Baebes, who frequently warble in an Elizabethan church near where I leave. And Ben, the guitarist (yes, it's a boy) runs Club Hell, where I played with the Nuns a couple of months ago.

But back to annoying voices, how could I forget Ali Campbell? "Reeeed reeeeed whiiiiiine....."

I saw Marianne Faithful on something recently. Really bad.
I like as tears go by but that was fucking 45 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back