Violence by Grandfathers at gigs (1 Viewer)

Billy Joe

Since 2000
Website
www.shutthefuckupalready.com
Well it being the season for good will and merriment I and my friends went to see the X-mass punk bash it being, Strikien DC + Cold War + Nerdlinger @ The Temple bar, Friday 22nd.
The night went ahead nicely considering two of the other support bands pulled out, as usual all the chaos grand daddy punks were posing away trying to intimidate the younger people of the crowd.
Lots of mean looking faces or maybe they just weren’t loved as children.
Nerdlinger did a good set considering the crowd and Cold War were too metallic for my liking.
So anyhow Strikien DC came doing their ska, reggae and punk fusion, and did so quite well for being old timers, but during the set the singer from Stress and some other punk lad started kicking the crap out of some guy then when Strikien finished their set the singer from them started kicking the crap out some other poor sod out the front of the venue maybe to show to his fans that his still hard!!!
Anyhow I say we pull together and stop supporting these glue stiffing old farts and give more support to bands that need it like all the unknown ones that are left with no gigs.
Anyhow happy New Year.

"punk"=image, if that image is a hard one, well people might just get hurt....

Well I wasn't there but to be honest I don't think the singer from Stress (Sean) would beat someone up for no reason. I've met him on occasion and he is a soft spoken nice guy. And I mean really nice guy.
Deko I'm not so sure about but i've never seen him get agro with anyone.
And it does take two to tango.
And I'm sure they don't start fights they won't put up with certain behavior.
I'd hold judgement for a while.

Also i think most of that "they hate us" thing is in your head.(I know i certainly have it in mine and it's been proved more than once to be my own paranoia)

I'd like to think I'm punk where's my image?
God get the consultants out.

jessu bily jow, were we at the same gig, man i thought the gig was the best. i saw said fight in the gig but that was due to some guy just ebign a wanker and gettin too rouhg, one guy tried to sepreate it but even when he tried to calm ur man down, he just attacked him as well.

I was up the front and me only a samll wee 5ft 5 lad and i was lifted on many occassions by those "granndadddy punks". I saw no intimdation at all and im usually one paranoid fucker.

Even a mate of mine who'd never gone to a punk gig before, said he was amazed at how friendly and caring people were.

Must have been two different gigs mate...

bastarding' religious protestors.... down with that sort of thing. i really do mean that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back