pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
Do you miss it?

"I remember going to a Secret Affair show at the Rainbow," says Morley. "I was going as a reviewer so I wasn't part of the tribe that had gone - they were the post-Paul Weller mods. I left early and was slashed by a gang of skinheads with a Stanley knife who assumed I was a mod. Rather futilely as I fell to the floor with my lip bleeding I said, 'I'm not a mod, I'm post -punk!'"

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-34184563

I checked out their music expecting clichéd macho gym-fanatic, hardcore rubbish.
Why would people behave violently at this shit? Slow motion mosh pits?

I checked out their music expecting clichéd macho gym-fanatic, hardcore rubbish.
Why would people behave violently at this shit? Slow motion mosh pits?

I think due to the fact that they're fronted by a woman and their politics they tend to attract more women to gigs than your usual indie rock band, so it's more a "guys don't be creeps" type message but they're covering all bases.

There's nothing really I disagree with in their statement, other than tall people getting out of the way.

Edit: Fugazi used to stop gigs to deal with people acting like assholes, this is just a 21st century version. Surprised they don't have an app

Last edited:
racism, sexism, classism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism and all other oppressive and marginalising actions and microagressions except for heightism are not allowed

I'm totally against violence at gigs but I swear to God if some tall fucker stands in front of me at The Ex tomorrow night I'm going to punch his lights out.

definitely got to the point with Fugazi,where I'd take a good scrap at a gig over them telling everyone how to behave any day of the week.

Saw SLF last year for the first time since '87(in Belfast at that) and while it was enjoyable,and Im hoping to see them again this year,I did wish there was a bit of tension in the air to add to the sentiment or background of the songs. maybe not quite like there was in '87 though

Last edited:
Every Consolidated gig featured an audience q&a session. This is the way forward.

Weren't half of Consolidated's answers that they weren't Fugazi?

Most bands don't have the quick wit or sharp response for a q&a.

Had to check if it was on youtube. Of course it is.

This one clip sums up what that Speedy Ortiz crowd are trying to police

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back