Venue Hire 2010- a price update? (1 Viewer)

clonan attack

Website
www.myspace.com
Hey folks,

Need all your help here, maybe it can even be turned into a sticky.
Hearing rumours that Twisted Pepper are doubling the charge for venue hire and that some places like Thomas House and Shebeen downstairs are free with a PA!?
SO, with that in mind can you help me update the price of venue hire in Dublin's main venues? It can then be used for all bands as a quick reference.

So fill in and repost as you see fit;

Thanks

Whelans:

Whelans upstairs:

The Village:

Crawdaddy:

Tripod:

Anseo upstairs:

Twisted Pepper:

Academy:

Academy 2:

Button Factory:

Shebeen Chic:

Thomas House:

Pravda:

The Joinery:

The Exchange:

Project Arts Centre:

Anymore I'm missing?

Whelans: Free if you bring the skull of a photographer

Whelans upstairs: Free if you punch the girlfriend of the photographer in the face at the funeral and get a photograph of you doing it.

The Village: Free so long as it's on fire

Crawdaddy: Free on wednesday so long as you don't mind being called a pedo by the 15 year old regulars

Tripod: Never Free

Anseo upstairs: Free so long as Squarehead is on the bill.

Twisted Pepper: Free unless you're on the Richter Collective

Academy: Never Free

Academy 2: See Above

Button Factory: Free Willy

Shebeen Chic: Free Nelson Mandella

Thomas House: Free if you take off your thong and leave a snail trail in it for Chris to sniff

Pravda: Free Comrades

The Joinery: Free if you're in a noise based audio visual NCAD based art project

The Exchange: See Crawdaddy

Project Arts Centre: See the Joinery

Your welcome

The terms "PA" and "Thomas House" should be used very loosely. The downstairs PA isn't that great, you'd defo want to bring your own one.

The terms "PA" and "Thomas House" should be used very loosely. The downstairs PA isn't that great, you'd defo want to bring your own one.

They have a speaker up at the "stage" and then one down the back behind the audience. It's a awful thing to try and listen to.

What about Slattery's (upstairs) in Rathmines?

Real nice boozer downstairs.

No you don't there is a bar upstairs but my old band played there and got told to "turn it down" constantly. Which was shit and our drummer nearly fell out a window which was handily positioned right behind the drum kit. Stupid place for a window.

What about Slattery's (upstairs) in Rathmines?

Real nice boozer downstairs.

Good God, whatever you do,don't ever try to put on gigs there.

Admittedly Vanessa who booked for them is absolutely bang on, but the owners are painfully rude and the staff are absolute fuck heads.
I've never had a bunch of people fuck me around in such a horrible way before or since.

:mad::mad::mad:
Leigh

Good God, whatever you do,don't ever try to put on gigs there.

Admittedly Vanessa who booked for them is absolutely bang on, the owners are painfully rude and the staff are absolute fuck heads.
I've never had a bunch of people fuck me around in such a horrible way before.

:mad::mad::mad:
Leigh

Listen to the man, they don't like music and hate musicians. Fact.

I book Thomas House downstairs. Bookings through me use our own PA/monitors that we bring in down there. We also built a stage and a sound box for the sound engineer. Anyone wanting to book it can gimme a shout [email protected]

Where is the soundbox? I was in there Sunday and couldn't see it anywhere. The new stage is nice though, just need to knock down half the bar now.

Is it still free when booked through you?

Where is the soundbox? I was in there Sunday and couldn't see it anywhere. The new stage is nice though, just need to knock down half the bar now.

Is it still free when booked through you?

As you look at the stage it used to be to the left but the sound guy/gal usually cant hear a fucking thing from there so if it is gone (and I don't remember it being there on sunday) it's no great loss.

As you look at the stage it used to be to the left but the sound guy/gal usually cant hear a fucking thing from there so if it is gone (and I don't remember it being there on sunday) it's no great loss.

I thought there was supposed to be a new one somewhere along with the extended stage. Maybe I'm mistaken and the one your talking about is the same one Bombidol mentioned. That defo wasn't there Sunday either way.

Not free when booked through me cause we bring in all the gear. Its free when booked through TH though but that probably wont be happening all that much anymore. We have a stage box running from the back of the venue to the stage and we hook up a 1000 watt rig down the back thats elevated.
we have some rewiring to do down there this week to set up the monitor system. When done right the room actually sounds pretty good.
Theres talk of the bar being cut in half, and we are putting some decent lights in down there soon too.

Bombidol. Stupid question, but where is the Exchange? I've never heard of it. It's not the art space, Exchange Dublin is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back