Venice (1 Viewer)

Can whichever of you make it over there, try and find out what it's like there in December

That's when I might be there
But not if it's shit like

Like what's the appeal beyond canals?

What!!??

The history. It's an empire all of it's own, with so much history. The architecture. The insane fish market. The locals are dgaf in a comforting, familiar way.

There's an Albanian monastery which even I found em, I don't want to say spiritual, but calming, serene.

Or you can doss off to Chioggia where it's cheaper.

Apparently there's a thing about Irish people drinking Bacardi and coke. A pint of such was €3.50 when I was there. That was around 2008.

I really appreciate the replies

Sounds like a great place to run in the early morning - with no cars about and all

I really appreciate the replies

Sounds like a great place to run in the early morning - with no cars about and all
frog GIF

Don't be running around Venice. They will punch you. Maybe the Lido.
I'm up early as eggs, man
Before the sun and before the punchers :)
Streets will be empty.

I saw Ennio Morricone conducting his orchestra at San Marco square in Venice.
I also saw Suicidal Tendencies playing in front of some skaters there.
That is pretty fucking great in fairness

But you see, that's you acting like you own the place. The locals really don't like that.

Ah, I'm up and gone before they'd even notice I'm there
I'm like a ghost
Went through Zurich before dawn last year - and it's wild. The whole city is half-covered in bottles and cans and takeout packages from weekend partiers and revellers, - like Dublin after a St Patrick's Day - and these clean up crews start appearing everywhere. Swarming on every bit of litter.
The whole place is spotless by the time the sun is up. All vice washed away.

1661345496557.png
Seeing a city wake up tells you a lot about it

Just me and the early fishermen, erm fisherpersons.

1661345619974.png

I did a bit of running when I was there. Loads of others were at it too. hmm, I think that was the last time I actually ran. Ankle pain EVER SINCE.*

* not related
Did any locals punch you in the ankle?

Just walking around all over the place was the best thing I did in Venice
Same here. I loved the place. I wish I could go back right now.
I didn't do much of anything except soak it all in. I did make sure to track down some of the "Don't look now" filming locations as I meandered about.
Just an amazing place.
Nobody told me about the mosquitos though.

I wasnt mad about Venice. It was nice enough. A day there would have been enough.. although on day two we went over to Lido and went swimming. Was glorious

You've seen one canal you've seen them all. And yeah the mosquitos ate me alive

I much preferred Florence

Just booked 4 days here for the autumn.

Better really lean in to my duolingo course
Good for you!

If you're taking the missus, this place is wonderful to stay at
Bit weird for a solo guy at breakfast, if I'm honest

The football stadium is proper old school. Kicking myself I didn't time a trip for a home game.

And if you get up early (not for everyone, I know) you can see teh sights before the mob descends

n1XOXDC17pzOLYmT0-I6M6w3_So-pwPbZ5YTQc7OtCfFhiO2WKPCE43V78fhZBhkAwZ-6w5G0sv1ESLyPbjnE5dvBM3sk7E74-ENZUw4PubeQW71mgTnbxN2BD3w5tqaPtAV5IcInftxtoAoTZi9EcEkrmw3Olid6KSQOtRm8K9VrnKefPmpxWHXf5QmqthmDrBeQ4b8XDMO-FXVCWUOTgpBFEzAZuZNcSgoepZqw3Kd62rc19Lp3BNbsHcIyIvR3zTi0prbX1JlTleJ_LOhPQvcslwMVWbGo8z4OWDaFLXQJaGGQck7enbhqnFiIikw_DSDFnMBgIPpJRAZDJBz3YCCw1LtgGPbHglvDwfiVtwx3hRD6Cu74CO2rdnrizliG9zL9oikv9UsWXUZRc01ZhZuuVyKqFSHYWJpYGJMRP2fzGe9btQwlDAHca58dYgwNbFNj7-BWUapGugUapAJRSjzZVs8tqpWzTUpZKqVlcrEJevovagqefocBHnmigXY6gbDnIUug7opa9g-tBYENCmG_acTMrNRQexkTwaYPWirrnFWVWpodYDdNcZ9ppO0ssn7_349KsHldlFqo5rvqA4Xr6_TVADojd4sMkCnDxQFYVcud4U64M8558cjHdQ-b-ybu8UMqW3EYgWYbzCUXItUQYXkvorLkDjmFy9SL0DsnvWRB5oYZLQrvl2CmaiOQWiayv-LvqisgGEi9L1TeTOOVxKoWhf6Hb6tfgwJO5uHWmvxjNpncOhRHEUskRX9SlWVjnDIlqqseSe-dRZlj49fGuF4mbqnZvgx6SiLbRp5VDSLuuu0pRrW7yPFMEN9t39IxHMQz_vlQGpOiWzlI822U7vxxktrIypef16FjDIcwQuW9GUWp3d7XWDqS1s_U4m4UkNwFcwpmuqrV_wJFGJRcmY2sm7WqO_NzETDYLxIeJpORCZE7V8RATDdIky8pC3tMF7eHDOn9fbHb7nV=w1203-h902-s-no

sNRvoAs_WhHZPke3DzmmamkioxOYMx8sFYI3xmdgeeRS2zVNDqgydsnYlhbJXbyYH7HZwQwyyEEpIO6QIXQaP_JG7XjzfW68HP8IJzJswfWKoauP5BrsRyr1heWpAVeztL2Vdx7Z4MBmqfiwO54cwYITV_WN9hcWkFpmXl1G4DtxiuTwJGWLMImhw1tfK2j56z8dlbG4i5EaB5AzCtmm_KPcLok9DJJwVL90wcTJBd9hiOCci31uyR6FbdNXX45W88ii3ERkwkw9D3ZW3VFK5ryf0d7Rq3RODXdpOE_Q92FAUlRP-_1JdzxIcOHxw9TVP5V1A9IGnH_X5iZNMyEKGm-iAF2eX_JrmMWulB0dHrdcVeewGBaflEX0pwJG3rWrWHwGsXxr1T86XN1yYpjcoyvome5Z5_nECI6RGY_slFEiDOFSpPW0VVq5-Elf_x1FD7eI7liOreMGQMtD3T-yo1yfd6fk9vvBdxMDt2Amv-z0Dd188hwyNwJ9rUlX-kKl15PsdaES-ITqanTwZwYC9wjd9ZhKit4EcKOh8JkQ-m0FpFQrAYOfQ5Bjsto456VazVt4crdeo2fTtcu96651DyElz6FjCR0kKac4ob0z9dZUXOF5PNEnCekotACv1GdHQqF371ue9X2wXTC6sm-A5U5PekzYzCt72D6r3m6CotklCyQvF_R3GVoXA7dME4OWPfnwX3Z2nFzq6TOX-tLRnpBY3OuyIMsR7rvrNMiiHyECTmwR8DsuTiKl-WX1FhAABo5ptFGRxLrF9024l8cmkLSxpL6mDvtf317jeU66X_1JV71dl101GDj0CPo9wV0K1LHXKwcc6qaSX__82LOZ1VQI35YPHR0ZjY9RjQS7Ef2QvycEKOU-1U3Ff2F0TTmxRZNBog1l_6mCWsraSMUxugOCL3x8PIwpq_BdKt69f-AZFeZGua3KVhKqBoyilzufW-T0qiGNWVpM1cGZ6QsU=w1203-h902-s-no

Don't be running around Venice. They will punch you. Maybe the Lido.

I had a local chase me down on one of the main drags

Calling out "Signor signor"

I was all like "Here we fucking go, SeanC said I'd get punched"
Turns out I'd dropped a fiver. and he was giving it back to me.

Lovely people.

Good for you!

If you're taking the missus, this place is wonderful to stay at

Thanks, but we've already booked a place. Looks nice, pricey but it's a significant birthday so I'm pushing the boat out for her a bit and treating her.

Flights from Dublin stop in November when her actual birthday is so we're going the previous week, hopefully the end of October is near the end of the peak season and it won't be too packed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back