Venice (1 Viewer)

I’ve been twice and never had a problem regarding English - it’s a massive tourist spot so English is nearly universal (though not necessarily always fluent!).
I've spoken to you before and not understood a word you said. Maybe your dialect is Iro-Venetian and thats why the locals understand you.

Can whichever of you make it over there, try and find out what it's like there in December

That's when I might be there
But not if it's shit like

Like what's the appeal beyond canals?

Can whichever of you make it over there, try and find out what it's like there in December

Architecture.. The waft of decay and despair that saturates every brick.. The romance... Cornettos...

I was in Venice in October 1990. I recall very little other than the boat ride from Lido de Jeslo was fun and it pissed rain all day. St.Marks square had these elevated platforms to walk on cos the water there was knee-deep, which I don't think its meant to be.

It may have changed in the intervening, almost, 32 years.

It's fucking class
Knowing what it's like from photos is nothing like seeing it in person and finally understanding how truly mad it is to have a city in water
Mad bastards

December sounds like it might be shit though
Screenshot_20220822_230353.jpg

Thank you guys

I have to be in nordie Italy around then, so it makes sense to see something unique while I'm there

Those chilly temps don't bother the Rain Born!

The food is amazing (when you move away from the main tourist area), the local wines are brilliant, there are lots of great museums, they have a CEMETARY ISLAND, the sensation of being in a city with no traffic, and did I mention the food is amazing?

The food is amazing (when you move away from the main tourist area), the local wines are brilliant, there are lots of great museums, they have a CEMETARY ISLAND, the sensation of being in a city with no traffic, and did I mention the food is amazing?
Oh and on one of the neighbouring islands is a church that has the world’s oldest depiction of Satan and it’s fucking massive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back