Vegetarian Dinner Recipes (1 Viewer)

Umfufu

I've been threatening to eat less meat-based dinners for a while now so I started looking online for recipes.
I'm surprised at how hard it is to find anything that looks like an appetizing vegetarian dinner.

We usually have a homemade, meat-free pizza once a week & want to add a few more veggie dinners without ending up eating pasta or fried rice all the time.

Was surprised to see, on another thread, how many veggies were on Thumped.
So, what the hell do you guys eat?

koka-tom-yam-yum-instant-noodles-1494-p%5Bekm%5D400x300%5Bekm%5D.jpg

I used to live on Koka noodle sandwiches. My weekly food shop cost about a fiver

happy times, happy malnourished times

Various tasty vegetable risotto recipes out there if you're cooking for more than yourself. Just pick a vegetable you like and I'm sure there's a recipe out there to try. I would make them more often if I was eating with someone. Veggie Lasagna is always good but again for more than one. Roasted aubergine instead of the meat in any meal. Homemade mac & cheese with broccoli is one of my quick favorites.

Could do the gratin alright.
The missus doesn't eat soup though & I usually make a batch at the weekend & have it for my lunch during the week so wouldn't be having it for dinner too.

Risotto looks a bit too wet & sloppy to get past herself aswell.
She's a quare one when it comes to food.

Might try to make it for myself to test it out first.

Risotto never did it for me. Too insubstantial, no bite or texture worth talking about

pesto and pasta is a meal in itself- throw in some spinach or mushrooms and you're away

and then there's always pot noodles

Have been rediscovering the joys of salted & buttered corn on the cob again recently.
So nice.

One of those with some stir fried noodles might be a nice little nin-nins.

Been veggie for nearly 10 years so i've a thing or two that might be useful for you here:

Haloumi cheese - heavenly. You can grill it and mix it up in a salad or fry/grill it as thick slices and eat as a burger. Available in tesco.

Quesadillas - very quick and you can lash in whatever veg/beans you like. Tons of cheese and sour cream are a winner.

Falafels - takes a bit of effort but again very good as a burger or with salady-type stuff.

I'm mad for risotto myself but it needs to be done right and takes a fair bit of attention.

You should be able to find recipes for all the above online.

Polenta is amazing with veggie meatballs and chili. Very good indeed. Or you could try Polenta fries?

Who doesn't like soup?
It's like saying, "I don't like food that's flat".

It's a texture issue.
Doesn't like it cos it's between a solid & liquid.

She also hates mashed potato for similar reasons.
Bananas too.

Even with curries (which she loves) she likes just enough sauce to coat the food.

I was about to suggest veggie shepherds pie but if the missus doesn't do mash then that's out.... but you could try putting slices of potato instead of mash on the top?

Other easy vegtastic dinnery treats:
Pasta with cream/ soya cream, broccolli, mushrooms and loads of garlic
Butternut squash and chickpea curry (see also butternut squash and chickpea roast)
Tofu stir-fry (with bean sprouts, carrots, peppers + flaked almonds in sesame oil)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back