Valerian tea (1 Viewer)

billygannon

Contributor
Fucking hell.
I had three cups of it last night and I'm now totally mangled. My basic motor skills are gradually fading away. As for the cognitive functions, they emigrated to Mu-mu land about two hours ago.

Gong Farmer said:
Fucking hell.
I had three cups of it last night and I'm know totally mangled. My basic motor skills are gradually fading away. As for the cognitive functions, they emigrated to Mu-mu land about two hours ago.
what is it? if it's 'natural high', i don't want to know about it. unless you can smoke it and it gets you fucked for at least 2 hours.

hag said:
what is it? if it's 'natural high', i don't want to know about it. unless you can smoke it and it gets you fucked for at least 2 hours.
It's this tea stuff you can get in health shops. The lady in my life bought it for my sister. It's meant to make you really, really relaxed. So here's me, making three cups of it, and sticking two tea-bags in each cup.
And now I feel like this:
1999-09-22-vesta-yawning.jpg

deadly, sounds like something u:m might be into. overdosing on natural shit is the funniest ever.

SadieOutlaw said:
i've never heard of that, what's in it to get you relaxed?
I don't know. Yoga? Chi? Ying Yang? The weatherman from Sky News?

Actually, I'm alright now. But I couldn't do a Windsor knot in my tie this morning. Very embarrassing.

jaysus - i take valerian extract in drops outta a wee bottle to put me to sleep at night, and it's never had an effect like that on me! crazy billy!

Gong Farmer said:
I don't know. Yoga? Chi? Ying Yang? The weatherman from Sky News?

Actually, I'm alright now. But I couldn't do a Windsor knot in my tie this morning. Very embarrassing.
billy, i'm leaving my job in the forseeable future. can you imagine how great i feel about that? i'm going to go for something community-based next. down with ties. death to fake bastards.

hag said:
billy, i'm leaving my job in the forseeable future. can you imagine how great i feel about that? i'm going to go for something community-based next. down with ties. death to fake bastards.
Em, might be following you on that.
Still, I do a mean Windsor knot. But it does stop the blood flowing to the brain.

That's not to say the people I work with are bad folk - in fact they're all very sound. But what the hell am I doing with my life? Ak! I'll write that zine and give out in that.

Gong Farmer said:
Em, might be following you on that.
Still, I do a mean Windsor knot. But it does stop the blood flowing to the brain.

That's not to say the people I work with are bad folk - in fact they're all very sound. But what the hell am I doing with my life? Ak! I'll write that zine and give out in that.
the AIB management are sound? ha ha ha. the people i'm working *with* are sound, the people i make money for are scum. it's hard to reconcile the two.

doesn't work on me at all. Never tried it in tea but I have tried it before for sleeplessness in tablet form (not sleeplessness in tablet form...you know what I mean) and it had zero effect.

Super Dexta said:
jaysus - i take valerian extract in drops outta a wee bottle to put me to sleep at night, and it's never had an effect like that on me! crazy billy!

kirstie said:
doesn't work on me at all. Never tried it in tea but I have tried it before for sleeplessness in tablet form (not sleeplessness in tablet form...you know what I mean) and it had zero effect.
try valerian-hops complex, it works a lot better than just straight valerian. i had to stop taking it because hops + depression = A Bad Thing, but it should knock you out within an hour. but be warned it tastes Desgusting.

I got this stuff called 'Quiet Life', which has some valerian in it, but the main ingredients are motherwort, hops and passiflora. I always hesistate to take stuff to help me sleep because I don't like waking up groggy, and I don't want to become dependent on it.

This stuff is good, though: strong enough to actually have an effect, but I didn't wake up any dozier than usual. Actually felt quite rested.

jane said:
I got this stuff called 'Quiet Life', which has some valerian in it, but the main ingredients are motherwort, hops and passiflora. I always hesistate to take stuff to help me sleep because I don't like waking up groggy, and I don't want to become dependent on it.

This stuff is good, though: strong enough to actually have an effect, but I didn't wake up any dozier than usual. Actually felt quite rested.
anything with hops in it is good for putting one to sleep. unfortunately it puts me in a foul mood the next day. i sleep well but i'm like a little ball of anger on that stuff. so just plain old valerian for me :(

or I could take 3 zimmovane. That would also do the job. I don't need it now, I just had a phase a couple of years ago when I had a bad sinus infection where I couldn't sleep at all, and the lack of sleep was compounding the infection and I was trying everything I could lay my weary hands on.

Super Dexta said:
try valerian-hops complex, it works a lot better than just straight valerian. i had to stop taking it because hops + depression = A Bad Thing, but it should knock you out within an hour. but be warned it tastes Desgusting.

contrary to standard people, regular tea and coffee makes me sleepy.
The caffeieneine doesn;t seem to work on me.

hag said:
if you want a good night's sleep, have a mad doobie. end of story.
i actually find the best thing for getting to sleep is having himself there beside me. someone else's breathing and heartbeat relax me all lovely. awwwwwww, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back