Using adblockers on sites that depend on advertising (1 Viewer)

diauhdiad?

Supporter
Threads
I've been getting some ad on an app on my phone that makes a high pitched beeping sound even when the phone is muted. It's gone off twice in meetings at work when I've been fidgeting with my phone. Has anyone any android adblocker recommendations?

magicbastarder

Threads
Website
stroma.org
there's serious talk in work about a corporate policy on adblocking; this is after the recent wave of coinmining malware, a lot of which is using ads to propagate. it's creating a huge noise to signal ratio for our CERT guys to trawl through.

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Threads
Website
thumped.com
there's serious talk in work about a corporate policy on adblocking; this is after the recent wave of coinmining malware, a lot of which is using ads to propagate. it's creating a huge noise to signal ratio for our CERT guys to trawl through.
Send them this, for Internet Explorer.

Enterprise

It works even when (say) a laptop is off the LAN and isn't going through a corporate proxy, where you'd normally apply your browsing policies. We used it in a former place of work and I'm not aware of any problems.

Courtesy of SwiftOnSecurity (@SwiftOnSecurity) | Twitter , and she also has some options there on decentsecurity.com for Firefox and Chrome too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• Change
    Memory
    Cindy Wilson
    Change

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads