USB headphones (1 Viewer)

snakybus

Website
www.breakingtunes.com
The stupid top of a stupid headphone jack broke off in the headphone input on my computer and is stuck in there so now I can't plug anything into it. Audio seems to be routing to the PC speakers so I think the jack that's stuck in there isn't affecting anything.

Listening on speakers isn't an option for me as I'm in an office. So I'm guessing a USB headset is my only alternative--but I know nothing about these. Are they as good as normal ones? Will the audio stop coming out of the speakers?

you can buy a USB sound card (the size of a dongle) which will give you headphone and mic ports, they are about a tenner. it will reroute from the original damaged ports and wont go to the speakers, that way you can use normal headphones

That should be a simple enough fix Mike - just take the panel off and remove the broken bit

Tried that. The housing for the mic jack is on one of those green plasticy yokes that has lots of solder and wires and shit, along with similar housing for 2 USB inputs - all on the one plasticy thing. The mic housing itself is tiny and delicate, and impenetrable without breaking it, and break it I nearly did. It doesn't come off -- so effectively it doesn't seem to be replaceable without replacing the whole plasticy yoke/disconnecting the plasticy yoke from the wires coming out of it/replacing the 2 USBs. It's all a bag of shite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back