US Presidential Elections 2008 (1 Viewer)

will she fuck

she's already been blamed as a major flaw in the GOP campaign, if she does run she'll be smashed in the Primarys

hopefully, in 6 months everyone will have forgotten who she was

Not saying that she'll win the nomination but in the places where she was campaigning recently (mostly rural areas in the bible belt) she was getting a massive response and it might be enough for her to take a crack at it.

Of course, she did, I think, alienate parts of the intellectual wing of the party.

Just noticed, Colorado and New Mexico voted a pair of Dem cousins into the Senate.

Any word on Frankin yet?

I had a moment of clarity last night (20/20 hindsight and all that) when I saw footage of Hilary Clinton voting, and announcing through gritted teeth that she just voted for Obama, and I realised that Obama gained a huge amount much momentum in the Democrat race to the effect that he just couldn't lose. He sort of emerged as the hero that gave Hilary a spanking, and folks sort of quietly were going "yay!" for that. And the gang of anti-Obama Hilary supporters who emerged from the primaries as possibly defecting to the McCain camp were quickly deterred from doing that by the nomination of Sarah Palin, even though Palin would probably have had next to no power, had McCain got in. Just how stupid was the GOP for nominating her? Very short sighted.

Hats off to the USA though....is he the first ever non-caucasian national leader in the west? After Mandela, the first black leader in the English speaking world? Britain has never done that, nor has France, Germany, Canada or any of these other so-called socially conscious, forward-thinking countries. USA, it would appear, has balls. Let's hope he can stay in office now.

According to wikipedia people of African extraction make up almost 13% of the US population, in Britain it's around 2% and in France around 7% total non-Europeans (therefore much less for people who we'd consider "black") - it seems the US has by far the highest proportion of black people in their population, so you'd expect them to be the first

Of course, she did, I think, alienate parts of the intellectual wing of the party.

big time! and that's how the democrats could take states of them, and this time she was only the VP to a moderate republician, if they gave her a God N' Guns ticket all of her own they'd lose worse again

the republicans love her. she was drawing bigger crowds than mccain. and she has three years to polish her act.

the insane republicans love her, and three years is not long enough to polish that turd...

she'll run, but it'll footnote stuff..

Hats off to the USA though....is he the first ever non-caucasian national leader in the west? After Mandela, the first black leader in the English speaking world? Britain has never done that, nor has France, Germany, Canada or any of these other so-called socially conscious, forward-thinking countries. USA, it would appear, has balls. Let's hope he can stay in office now.

The USA has a much a larger and more longstanding black population that any of those other countries, so it's not a fair comparison.

you'll watch the first minute or two and go "yeah, bit mad".

then it gets weird.

Ah sure he's very old and very ill. Leave him alone!

Actually I didn't think it was that mad at all. Loved the bit where he told Dimbelby that he knows a lot about this subject unlike most of the people that he'll be asking about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back