US Presidential Elections 2008 (1 Viewer)

i got a picture but not a screen shot, but the Sun splash after he was elected was:

'OBAMA SLAMMA'

look what the mirror did though

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 37
And, most importantly, Sarah Palin looking like a smacked child does after being bate back up the stairs the night before school starts again. I've never been so happy to see someone leaving the public arena so mercilessly.

the real winner today is Levi, he doesn't have to pretend he's going to marry Bristol anymore

Incidentally, Obama isn't defending his senate seat - maybe McCain should have gone for that?

He didn't defend it because he wasn't due to run for re-election until 2010. Senate terms are for 6 years and only a third of the senate seats are contested every general/mid-term election.

How exactly do the results come out and get counted so fast?

A lot of those immediately declared states are ones that are considered safe for one side or the other where the exit polling and other information (which Blitzer wouldn't/didn't go into) indicates that that it's been pretty much an as expected landslide which is why some were projected with < 1% of precincts reporting. They weren't so ready to make those calls on the battlegorund states. Even now at 9:30 in the morning as I post CNN hasn't declared a win in Indiana for Obama though even early on it was trending towards him.

As for the coverage itself, I was flicking between the Beeb, CNN, Fox, Sky and Al Jazeera last night, mainly watching CNN but others just to get a sense of how they were calling the states as polls closed. Al Jazeera were most bullish about calling states for Obama, Fox were very quick to call for anyone and it was Sky who seemed most ready to call states for McCain. CNN seemed very conservative about calling anything and I thought in general their coverage was the best, especially they way that they went in depth into the numbers on a county by county basis and explained just why somewhere like Virginia or Indiana could go to Obama.

wow, 50 pages here last night. good stuff. went to bed at 11 meself. woke up with the fear this morning. such relief when all i heard was obama on the radio. fantastic stuff. read obama's speech there, epic stuff. and obama says he'll get his daughters a puppy! epic animals.

That was the first thing in my head this morning. .|..|

blazing_saddles-cleavon_little.jpg

thank christ sarah palin is safely out of action though.

I think she'll run in 2012.

I fell asleep around 2:30 and woke at 3 with Obama on 200+ with CA, OR and WA not called yet so went to bed pretty confident it was over.

I wonder, in 4 years will Obama get out the voters yesterday who previously hadn't voted in elections. Hard to get people excited about an incumbent President the same way you can about someone fresh and new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back