US Presidental Election 2012 (1 Viewer)

So to get the ball rolling...
My thoughts from last night's debate first:

1. Why is there a fucking plane in a library

2. Instead of planes some economic textbooks would be better cause these clowns haven't a single idea. When when when will we manage to move away from the idea that an economy is not just a household budget multiplied by a factor of a billion? And why are corporate CEOs presumed to know about macro-economic policy. CEOs want less taxes and less regulation and will always, always always present those things as the solution to any economic problem.

3. Huntsman came out of it OK. Nice to see a republican come down on the side of science, evolution, sanity and climate change. Why though was this presented in terms of "we have to reach out to all voters" instead of "we have to reach out to the truth"? Is it that these things are still only palatable in today's GOP as matters of political expediency rather than things to be actually believed?

4. I have a bad feeling about Perry. He is a cunt.

5. Applauding over people executed, I know it's a Republican crowd but Jesus Christ! Even more troubling was Perry's blasé attitude to the whole thing. No question of "it's regrettable, but I take my duties seriously and the people support the death penalty" for him, just fucking Texas bluster. The moderators really, really chickened out by not asking him about Willingham.

6. Michelle Bachman is out of it now, thank fuck. Her crazy eyes are bad enough, but what really creeps me out is her Terminator like determination to turn any question back to the half dozen rote answers she has. Imagine electing her and expecting her to govern a country with no more mental ammunition than a half page of soundbites and fundie dog whistles.

7. Why why why do people like Ron Paul. I know he's avuncular and amusing, but listen to the crazy libertarian nonsense he says. Anyone who wants to go back to the gold standard is nuts. But the belief that you can privatise everything and deregulate everything and it will all work out...does anyone actually believe that? Even libertarians! Did these people never read Dickens - cause that is the society they are trying ti build and presenting as a utopia of individual freedom.

8. Rikh Santorum, you were out of your depth (in a very shallow pool).

9. Herman Cain, your 15 minutes is up.

10. So, the Republicans have a debate, in the middle of a recession, verging on a depression, when the unemployment rate is over 10%, and everyone talks about tax cuts and not creating a "culture of dependence". How many times was the word poverty said? Would Perry be as smug about the jobs created in Texas if he actually had to work one of them for a while... a minimum wage, no benefits job that barely keeps the wolf from the door? How long can the Republican propaganda of a feckless underclass sponging off everyone else survive when 20% of working age men are unemployed. Has there been an explosion of fecklessness in the last 24 months? How long will Republican voter continue to believe this as one by one they see their friends and neighbours struggling?

11. How can people talk about deregulation with a straight face in the midst of a financial crisis caused primarily by regulatory failures.

12. Bachmann thinks the EPA is a jobs killing agency - I say her bottled water should come from Bhopal for the foreseeable.

13. I thought for a second that they were all going to whip out their cocks and whack off to a picture of Regan. Funny thing is Obama is closer to Regan (and probably a little to his right) that any of those raving loopers.

14. Education. Not a big deal it would seem as it was barely mentioned.

15. A depressing spectacle. The GOP has little to be proud of. Apart from a little rebellion from Huntsman it was 8 dwarves struggling to be the first to plant their flag in whatever little hillock of republican orthodoxy the question covered as the mountains of shit that engulf the country went unremarked.

I didn't even know there was a debate on...

That 1980 Bush v Reagan debate clip jane; tweetered yesterday was an eye opener.

i'm only half awake but i think i just heard obama found 4 billion down the back of the couch. i think he's hittin on the demographic you mentioned in point 10.

Sorry Mormon Nailer this is a way better summary than you could ever provide

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Social Security
1. Why do CNN make it so hard to find a full stream of the debate after the fact.

2. First question Social Security, set up Perry vs Romney.
Perry's already vacilliating. There is a smell of absolute asshole off him, he's a despicable fucker.
Already some New Deal bashing and we're 2 mins in. Romney is demolishing him, Perry looks like a little boy version of W. Audience not buying Romney though.
Cain thinks PRSAs are the answer - he should look at mine!

3. Gingrich is the worlds biggest prick. Obama said SS cheques couldn't be paid in the context of the republican standoff over the debt - he left that bit out!
Next up he says eliminating waste will balance the budget - if he believes this is he is retarded - he doesent - he a mendacious cunt
I helped balance the budget! LIE! Clinton balance the budget while you sniffed Lewinskey's knickers!

Budget
4. Woo Hoo! 5 bonus points for the first Economy = Household Budget metaphor for Santorum. If you are doing the drinking game you are well under way!

5. Balanced budget amendment. do people buy this shit! clearly they do, but why?

6. Ron says it like it is, war spending, then typically doubles down on the crazy, eliminate the depts of Education.

7. Does Bachmann know anything beyond the 20 soundbites she has memorised?

Jobs
8. this which governor is better on jobs thing was tiresome last week. Worse now!

Federal Reserve.
9. Here's where the true crazy begins!

10. Jesus - someone is about to say Fiat money I'm sure of it.

11. Try Ben Bernanke for treason - and people clap!

12. Perry having to row back again, and gets applause for his trouble - theses tea part clowns love him.

13. Do any of these people actually know what the current inflation and interest rates are - how do they think the fed is failing?

Taxes.
14. This will be fun. Expect someone to say 10% as a dog whistle to christian nuts - I bet Bachmann

15 Hutsman - top rate of 24% - crazy nonsense!

16. Gingrich - that is the most bizarre incoherent thing I have ever heard!

HPV
17. Perry retreating again - why are people so uptight about the HPV?

18. Bachmann "innocent 12 year old girls forced to have a government injection" I want to19 leave this plant please.

19. Now she calls Perry corrupt. But he's sure can't be bought for that little!

20. Isn't Ron Paul a GP - why was he not asked the question

"Obamacare"
21. Why do the moderators not contradict facts that are flat out wrong?

22. Paul: Freedom's just another word for pulling out the plug.

23. Bachmnann - the state can't force you buy a product - I'm guessing she doesn't have car insurance!

Illegal Immigration.

You know what, fuck it I'm done, I can take no more.
What world do these people live in - were they under a rock for the last 3 years.

You know what, fuck it I'm done, I can take no more.
What world do these people live in - were they under a rock for the last 3 years.

i've a few GOP type mates on facebook. the campaign started with those guys a long time ago, and most of its is unfounded crap that comes thick and fast. i commented a few times with factual things to no avail. i think these debates are a bit like pat kenny's frontline, people vent a bit while relating a bit to stuff they've been fed for years and then feel like something has been achieved. essentially nobody goes there with an open mind.

That was terrible, way worse than the last one.
Romney beat the crap out of Perry on Social Security yet the audience cheered for Perry.
Bachman put herself back into the race by suggesting she'd prefer cervical cancer for the fortysomething kids she "raised" than a HPV vaccience.
Should the plug be pulled on a coma victim with no health insurance? guy from the crowd shout "let him die!"

I need a shower, a bottle of Jameson and a day in bed.
That was disgusting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back