US politics (2 Viewers)

and then there's Obama... the most well read and intelligent of all, who saw and understood all the arguments against the financialization of all aspects of life ,and how it will funnel money upwards at the expense of everyone else, who was in Indonesia when US imperial shit was kicking off, and said.... nah we're doing it anyway.

:/

and then there's Obama... the most well read and intelligent of all, who saw and understood all the arguments against the financialization of all aspects of life ,and how it will funnel money upwards at the expense of everyone else, who was in Indonesia when US imperial shit was kicking off, and said.... nah we're doing it anyway.

:/
I still don't know what happened there.

I remember at the start of Obama, I was on the bus in NYC reading stuff on my new phone I'd been given thinking I was fucking HOI POLLOI, and reading that he was trying to "reach across the isle" and be "pragmatic".

I looked at the back of the seat, and re-read it a couple of times. I was like fucking Mulder out of the X-Files, I wanted to believe.

The lad had just been handed the most unprecedented, resounding, victory, he was staggeringly popular, he could do anything, and within weeks he was anxious to piss it all away to try to curry favour with Sauron and the boys.

I just kept looking at the back of the seat in front of me. Staring at the carpet stuff. I did. not. understand. I still don't.

edit - having said that, I still don't believe Obama was a bad guy. I think Clinton and Trump are bad guys. For whatever reason... I can't bring myself to believe that Obama himself is a bad guy, nor that he didn't believe he was doing the best he could.

He was just wrong with the Sauron stuff.

I still don't know what happened there.

I remember at the start of Obama, I was on the bus in NYC reading stuff on my new phone I'd been given thinking I was fucking HOI POLLOI, and reading that he was trying to "reach across the isle" and be "pragmatic".

I looked at the back of the seat, and re-read it a couple of times. I was like fucking Mulder out of the X-Files, I wanted to believe.

The lad had just been handed the most unprecedented, resounding, victory, he was staggeringly popular, he could do anything, and within weeks he was anxious to piss it all away to try to curry favour with Sauron and the boys.

I just kept looking at the back of the seat in front of me. Staring at the carpet stuff. I did. not. understand. I still don't.
We all wanted to believe! To be generous to him, and i'm not sure he deserves that considering he seems quite sure of his position, but he was inheriting a certain country at a certain time. You'd wonder what he'd be like if he was coming up after Sanders' run in 2016.

We all wanted to believe! To be generous to him, and i'm not sure he deserves that considering he seems quite sure of his position, but he was inheriting a certain country at a certain time. You'd wonder what he'd be like if he was coming up after Sanders' run in 2016.
hahaha.. I kind of per-emtively agreed with you ahead of time in my edit.

I guess if you wanted a conspiracy theory, and we all love baseless bullshit theories, you'd almost wonder if The Unknown, Unnamed Dark Forces of Sauron / Deep State etc, didn't all gather around their secret table, in their secret basement, and think: Bollocks. This Obama lad might actually do something. We'd best get on that, fucking ASAP, and de-fang this cunt before he does anything. Reach out to everyone you know within his circle, and tell him that compromise and careful, slow, negotiation is the way forward. By the time they realise they've fucked up it'll be too late.

I guess if you wanted a conspiracy theory, and we all love baseless bullshit theories, you'd almost wonder if The Unknown, Unnamed Dark Forces of Sauron / Deep State etc, didn't all gather around their secret table, in their secret basement, and think: Bollocks. This Obama lad might actually do something. We'd best get on that, fucking ASAP, and de-fang this cunt before he does anything. Reach out to everyone you know within his circle, and tell him that compromise and careful, slow, negotiation is the way forward. By the time they realise they've fucked up it'll be too late.
I mean, if he hadn't spent his entire post-politics career telling people to stop protesting and go home i'd maybe believe that. We know he was involved in 2020, how much he actively intervened i'm willing to say we'll probably never find out.

How would anyone match the idealism of the Obama campaign though.

I think he just put a lot of energy into Obamacare and wanted to press whatever flesh that required because that'd be a transformative, 3rd term in 2020 type of change. Obvs the republicans watered it down, rebranded it and then tried to claim it when people actually got something from it.

Ah yeah, i've seen that video before, it's a good watch!

I'm sure i've said before on here, pretty much all conspiracy theories are based on some kind of emotional truth, it's just they go wrong in their diagnosis.

Chemtrails: there are literally hundreds of planes all over the planet, burning petrol at an insane rate, pumping it all into the atmosphere where it... disappears? It's not natural and it's doing something.

Bill Gates: an unelected man with global power beyond the reach of many, many governments. He gets to personally decide where his wealth and reach is used based on his own whims and with no oversight.

Pizzagate: I mean, look at the power of the Clinton family, and then look at who they have been pals with for years, literal billionaire paedophiles running underage sex rings who got away with it even when caught!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cool! Maybe Samantha Power will direct a few drone strikes on RTE in pursuit of peace, democracy and development. Bring it all back home.

For much of Donald Trump’s presidency, Barack Obama largely abided by the convention that former presidents do not publicly criticize or attack their successors. He jettisoned any such caution during the 2020 election that put his own vice-president, Joe Biden, in the White House. But behind the scenes, with donors and advisers, Obama was reportedly much more candid.

According to a new book, Obama called Trump a “madman”, a “racist, sexist pig”, “that f***ing lunatic” and a “corrupt motherf***er”.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

my pet theory: eoghan harris is not a british agent. he just really wants to be. but the brits well know that they should avoid employing someone as loo-laa as him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back