US politics (2 Viewers)

lol oh no we should have prepared for this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well holy shit... the cop who murdered Derek Chauvin in front of loads of witnesses was found guilty of murdering Derek Chauvin.

That's mad. I did not see that coming. US Cops are going to be very fucked off about that altogether. Murder was one the perks of the job.

😬

outstanding.

I think Nancy can retire now. I think we're done.

The agony of it all. If I was a cop I'd have to go straight out and kill a few more black fellas, just to get a handle on things, after having heard that.

Well holy shit... the cop who murdered Derek Chauvin in front of loads of witnesses was found guilty of murdering Derek Chauvin.

That's mad. I did not see that coming. US Cops are going to be very fucked off about that altogether. Murder was one the perks of the job.
why did I write as the one getting killed Derek Chauvin there?

Weird. Sobriety is terrible for my brain by the looks of it.

I didn't even notice! we knew what you meant.
done stuff like that many times here. mainly not proof reading things properly.

'murder' was a no brainer decision alright.
folks in the USA must be really terrified of cops.

LOL I don't think he managed to murder himself, although he might try that at some point in the future

outstanding.

I think Nancy can retire now. I think we're done.

The agony of it all. If I was a cop I'd have to go straight out and kill a few more black fellas, just to get a handle on things, after having heard that.
HOW DARE YOU.

I didn't even notice! we knew what you meant.
done stuff like that many times here. mainly not proof reading things properly.

'murder' was a no brainer decision alright.
I'm dyslexic so I get numbers and letter mixed up, this whole words thing is newer. Like I'd have a word on my mind, and I'd put that in the place of the right word. Noticed it more in work since the pandemic and doing everything online.

But yeah, I'm not sure if everyone was frightened of cops, but I was, yeah. I'd have panic attacks with every interaction, but normally I'd be able to control it but once in a while a cop would notice my eyes had blown out (I think? my eyes would do something I wasn't able to control and perceptive cops could see this).

I'm dyslexic so I get numbers and letter mixed up, this whole words thing is newer. Like I'd have a word on my mind, and I'd put that in the place of the right word. Noticed it more in work since the pandemic and doing everything online.

But yeah, I'm not sure if everyone was frightened of cops, but I was, yeah. I'd have panic attacks with every interaction, but normally I'd be able to control it but once in a while a cop would notice my eyes had blown out (I think? my eyes would do something I wasn't able to control and perceptive cops could see this).
From my friends in the US it seems just to be this mass psychosis the entire country is under? It must affect every aspect of how you go about life? Even white people, but obviously especially non-white.

funnily enough this was something I had to consciously detrain myself when I got back home.

I had to interact with cops a fair bit, because I was the only person with a car, and I needed to do some shlepping of people around the country during lockdown. Because fuck the law.

Nah, I had legit reasons where I needed to travel, so I'd have to interact with the Guards several times a journey. They are comically pleasant and human in comparison, they interact with you as if you are a human so they make it easy, but it was a thing. In the US I'd have panic attacks if a cop just looked like he might have a go at me. Preemptively.

I'd be more or less back to normal now I think. I don't have to travel any more, everyone is settled down, but yeah.

It's not completely irrational either. You've got most likely a QAnon, Trump voting, violent abusive young male, who's been put in a culture of total contempt for people and the law, alone, in some isolated place. And it's up to him what happens. He can kill you, and it'll be fine. He can make something up, and it'll be fine. In every case you will lose if he decides he doesn't like you, so your only out is to ensure he likes you. Which is hard if you're bricking it.

From my friends in the US it seems just to be this mass psychosis the entire country is under? It must affect every aspect of how you go about life? Even white people, but obviously especially non-white.
It affected virtually every part of my life, yeah. It would be one major reason why I left. There was an senior NYPD guy.. I forget the name, but he made a statement along the lines of: "they are frightened of us in the streets, but this isn't enough, we need them to be frightened of us when they are in their houses too." He was talking about black people, but, that does describe things reasonably well.

Sometimes it would pop up in weird spots. I was mountain biking out by myself in a desert in Nevada, I got into the groove and was tearing about with the bike moving around underneath me and stuff, and out of nowhere I got a flash "CHILL THE FUCK OUT BEFORE THE COPS SEE YOU". A moment later I realised that mountain biking off wasn't illegal, but it's this thing that must be deep in some people's psyche.

I mean, you can kind of see it in comedy, "sprinkle a little crack on him and let's be on our way".

What's even weirder still are the bootlickers. The guys who are so terrified of the cops that they decide that cops need to be worshiped, so they'd have blue line stickers on their cars, Blue Lives Matter, and fly American flags with the red swapped out for blue. Full on Stockholm Syndrome.

just to back myself up a tiny bit, in case I sound like a lunatic (I mean, I am a lunatic, but I'm not 100% wrong about the US cop thing)

Take this:

There's a lawyer, and a former high ranking cop, and they are both agreeing that you should NEVER interact, even talk to, the police force. They have consensus on this. There is no question about that point.

You can extrapolate only a tiny bit from this consensus opinion to reach the conclusion that: the cops are out to get you.

You have a country, which is paying for an organized armed gang of ~lawless young white males (on average), to oppress, trick, lie to, and brutalize them. And you are advised to never interact with this gang as it will ALWAYS end badly for you.

I mean, correct me where I'm wrong.

I've said it before, but you see these massive conspiracy theories everywhere in the US, and I've said before that they are based in reality. The US population, on the whole, really does have dark entities out to get them. It's completely logical to think this way.

It's misplaced to imagine that the venues of this conspiracy are basements of pizza shops, or Bill Gates with his microchips, and that's all very funny, but the basis of this fear and mistrust is 100% legit and backed up with reality.

Take this:

There's a lawyer, and a former high ranking cop, and they are both agreeing that you should NEVER interact, even talk to, the police force. They have consensus on this. There is no question about that point.

You can extrapolate only a tiny bit from this consensus opinion to reach the conclusion that: the cops are out to get you.

You have a country, which is paying for an organized armed gang of ~lawless young white males (on average), to oppress, trick, lie to, and brutalize them. And you are advised to never interact with this gang as it will ALWAYS end badly for you.

I mean, correct me where I'm wrong.

Ah yeah, i've seen that video before, it's a good watch!

I've said it before, but you see these massive conspiracy theories everywhere in the US, and I've said before that they are based in reality. The US population, on the whole, really does have dark entities out to get them. It's completely logical to think this way.

It's misplaced to imagine that the venues of this conspiracy are basements of pizza shops, or Bill Gates with his microchips, and that's all very funny, but the basis of this fear and mistrust is 100% legit and backed up with reality.

I'm sure i've said before on here, pretty much all conspiracy theories are based on some kind of emotional truth, it's just they go wrong in their diagnosis.

Chemtrails: there are literally hundreds of planes all over the planet, burning petrol at an insane rate, pumping it all into the atmosphere where it... disappears? It's not natural and it's doing something.

Bill Gates: an unelected man with global power beyond the reach of many, many governments. He gets to personally decide where his wealth and reach is used based on his own whims and with no oversight.

Pizzagate: I mean, look at the power of the Clinton family, and then look at who they have been pals with for years, literal billionaire paedophiles running underage sex rings who got away with it even when caught!

Pizzagate: I mean, look at the power of the Clinton family, and then look at who they have been pals with for years, literal billionaire paedophiles running underage sex rings who got away with it even when caught!

The Clintons are arguably much more upsetting and damaging than Trump et al.

The Clintons played both sides beautifully. They set up the prison industrial complex with Three Strikes, ensured financial mayhem with dtiching Glass Steagall, they enabled the current PDs with their Tough On Crime / ramping up War On Drugs etc. But they were able to do this while speaking intelligently, being personable, and keeping polite company.

Trump was a cunt, told everyone he was a cunt, only had fully outted cunts as friends, and everyone knew he was a cunt. And then he turned out to be a cunt. Clinton was a weasel, who provided the basis of "they're all the same anyway" politics, and made people who Say It Like It Is guys like Trump possible. Clinton is still lauded and loved by the vast vast majority of Dems, and the guy was a horror show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back