US politics (5 Viewers)

Got a great crowd reaction first time around.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Got a great crowd reaction first time around.

The Rock later criticized Hulk Hogan for using Pulp's "Help the aged" as his entrance music as being "highly manipulative".

I preferred Tulsi

Nah. Gabbard is a Republican preparing her career as a Fox News pundit.

I'd take Harris over Gabbard no bother.

Harris and Liz Warren are very similar in voting records.

But Warren seemed to cause unnecessary rancor and needless shit stirring.

You can compare Harris to Bernie Sanders and it tells much the same story:

She fucked off the Police Unions so badly that they wouldn't talk to her for a decade (because she didn't push for the death penalty), and she supports legalization of marijuana. She's very intelligent seeming.

She could have put the boot into cops a bit harder, and she could have prosecuted that prick Mnunchin for being a fraudulent gangster. She's not bad at all though.

Gabbard was the only person who defended Bernie, including Warren, so she's good in my books.

Anyway, Kamala Harris, California's top cop. One of the major architects of the very system the BLM protesters are tearing up the country and who was so unpopular she dropped out before there was even a vote. But she's black. Great.

Someone posted this from 2018

EfM8p0bWAAEtRfb

I'd imagine Warren is pretty pissed that she sold out everything she ever stood for and got nothing for it.

ahahaha

I thought they were just going to keep on playing the videos where she calls Biden a racist and also where she brags about putting everyone in jail.

(She refused one of those donations, and gave the money to a Latin American charity.)

But yeah. There's a weird thing with rich people here I've noticed, they give to campaigns. You can look these contributions up online too. I looked up people that I knew, who were normal sane (rich) people, and they regularly gave whatever the limit was to *both* campaigns. I forget what the limit is, 10k? It just seems to be the done thing.

It's a bit hard to interact with someone that gave the GOP money. But there it is.

(She refused one of those donations, and gave the money to a Latin American charity.)

But yeah. There's a weird thing with rich people here I've noticed, they give to campaigns. You can look these contributions up online too. I looked up people that I knew, who were normal sane (rich) people, and they regularly gave whatever the limit was to *both* campaigns. I forget what the limit is, 10k? It just seems to be the done thing.

It's a bit hard to interact with someone that gave the GOP money. But there it is.
Is it a “pro-democracy” tax dodge?

Is it a “pro-democracy” tax dodge?

Oh, sorry, ok, yeah. it's definitely a tax dodge. I mean, essentially everything rich people do here is a tax dodge. That's the base assumption implicit to all financial matters, it if's not tax dodging, it's fraud. And if it's not fraud, or tax dodging, then it's maybe some kind of investment hedged by a tax dodge.

The tax system here is fairly clear in its intent.

So you assume it's a tax dodge, and then you work out if there's anything else also going on. But at the base of things is always tax avoidance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back