US politics (1 Viewer)

No matter what Trump says or does they always find the positive angle. It must take some serious effort. Lou Dobbs bit at 0:36 made me laugh out loud.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

when might we reach a point that trump finally reaches unreelectability?
i would like to think the gist of this article is true, but i can't see any politician currently in the running with the ability to cope with the shitshow currently unfolding.

when might we reach a point that trump finally reaches unreelectability?
i would like to think the gist of this article is true, but i can't see any politician currently in the running with the ability to cope with the shitshow currently unfolding.

Still think trumps gonna win if the alternative is Biden

Still think trumps gonna win if the alternative is Biden
I borderline want Trump to win. He'd possibly bring the US to its knees if he does.
I don't think the US is suitably on its knees yet.

If you are in an abusive relationship there needs to be a cracking point, or a tipping point. Things have to be brought to a place where you are forced to see what's happening; and once you've seen this you can't unsee it. The US "ruling class" has been brutalizing its people for... well, I don't know. I'd imagine since roughly Reagan? But it's been happening slowly. If you do things to people slowly, they can put up with almost any level of abuse.

Things aren't bad enough yet, we're not at the cracking point. But Trump might get the US to that point if he was given free rein for another 4 years.

Apparently the only alternative available is Biden. Biden will wring his hands, and make grumbly noises via Public Relations managers, and slow the rate of brutalization of the US public. But it's guaranteed he won't change the general direction, only the trajectory. For the average person life under a Biden presidency would be much less horrific than a second Trump term. What Biden will do is grind things in the the same direction as Reagan/Bush/Clinton/Bush/Obama/Trump did previously, only more slowly. I'd say that this is worse. What Biden becomes is a straw man. The GOP / death cultists / etc can point to him and say "look, how did this guy improve your life? He didn't, clearly. Give us another try."

In effect Biden becomes a GOP/death cultist's PR person. He prolongs things, and obfuscates people seeing (and possibly confronting) what's happening.

I'm not saying the the GOP and the DNC are the same, or that it doesn't matter who wins. I don't think anyone believes that the likes of Biden, Obama, Clinton, etc will actually change things for the better though. The best they do is make things more palatable. It's unfortunate because I think all of the other guys, even Bush Jr, are probably well meaning people, who thought they were doing the best they could in difficult circumstances.

Trump is nice because he's openly malevolent, and evil. He's a cunt and he's completely honest about it. He's the man that could get the US to confront itself.

So just to get ahead here.

Looking a few months ahead, a police/military state is in place, elections are a formality in post-democratic State of America and its trump 4evs and he is the modern day (insert worst person of any century name here) - What direction is the empire over-stretching going to take? Hardly stupid enough to take on CHINA? Does kinda mention them pretty often like. He mentioned the media a lot and now the cops are targetting journos.

Tragically these protests are very likely to be considered super-spreader events in a few weeks or months yes?

Those cops might end up killing thousands of others on top of George Floyd.
Just reading about that

The protests are “like having a stadium game every day and everyone’s going to it,” said Dr. Chin-Hong. “Because of anger and frustration and sadness, people are willing to minimize the biological risk.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back