US politics (1 Viewer)

Mad to see their US and UK just turning their back on 40 years of neoliberal policy when coronavirus comes along. If we manage to live we might actually be entering uncharted territory. Sleepy Joe has his work cut out for him.

b1e.png

Please let it kill Mitch
Please let it kill Mitch
Please let it kill Mitch
Please let it kill Mitch
Please let it kill Mitch
Please let it kill Mitch
Please let it kill Mitch
Please let it kill Mitch

well, there's the darndest thing.

I read this article last week & thought this guy still hasn't realized that you cannot call this anymore. Predictions are out the window. We're in the twilight zone.

"To the vast majority of Republicans, the entire medical community and the country at large, Fauci is the government’s leading infectious disease expert, respected for providing Americans with consistent, factual information about the coronavirus pandemic. But to a vocal minority of right-wing blogs and pro-Trump pundits, Fauci is the embodiment of the establishment forces that have been arrayed against the president since he came to Washington"

"To the vast majority of Republicans, the entire medical community and the country at large, Fauci is the government’s leading infectious disease expert, respected for providing Americans with consistent, factual information about the coronavirus pandemic. But to a vocal minority of right-wing blogs and pro-Trump pundits, Fauci is the embodiment of the establishment forces that have been arrayed against the president since he came to Washington"

Lots of folks online saying the CDC and FEMA and Fauci are deep state operatives trying to take Trump down

All the more reason I'm doubling down on doing stuff locally
You can't control the big stuff and large scale politics would drive you bonkers

Honestly the silence and hypocrisy from the big guns in liberal media around this Biden assault allegation is absolutely deafening

Why the hell am i reading about in yahoo! lifestyle?

Honestly the silence and hypocrisy from the big guns in liberal media around this Biden assault allegation is absolutely deafening

It might be because virtually every statement made by Team Trump is a lie, and this is presumed to be another one lobbed out of their camp.

We'll find out over time I suppose. Kiddie fiddlers, rapists, and so on don't tend to just wake up one morning and decide to do vile shit that day and then see the error of their ways and stop. So, if Joe For Fucks Sake Biden is fond of sexual assault there's going to be more than one example. There'd be a string of allegations, and who knows, maybe a taped admission made to a journalist on a bus.

I was reading Dark Money by Jane Mayer there last night. The Kochs didn't like Jane prying into their election interference so they sic'd their dogs on her. But Jane is an exceptionally boring person, so they just made up some shit about her plagiarizing other journalists. Jane called the journalists and they said is was nonsense, the story didn't do well. It was picked up by two outlets, and then canned. But that's the point, lies are spewed out at a ferocious rate and journalists know this to some extent. If a story comes out of left field, and isn't getting traction, it's possible that a lot of outlets just don't believe it.

It's possible that there's some big conspiracy going on too, but I think you have to keep in mind that outlets have a sense of how truthful a story seems, and they act accordingly.

It might be because virtually every statement made by Team Trump is a lie, and this is presumed to be another one lobbed out of their camp.

We'll find out over time I suppose. Kiddie fiddlers, rapists, and so on don't tend to just wake up one morning and decide to do vile shit that day and then see the error of their ways and stop. So, if Joe For Fucks Sake Biden is fond of sexual assault there's going to be more than one example. There'd be a string of allegations, and who knows, maybe a taped admission made to a journalist on a bus.

I was reading Dark Money by Jane Mayer there last night. The Kochs didn't like Jane prying into their election interference so they sic'd their dogs on her. But Jane is an exceptionally boring person, so they just made up some shit about her plagiarizing other journalists. Jane called the journalists and they said is was nonsense, the story didn't do well. It was picked up by two outlets, and then canned. But that's the point, lies are spewed out at a ferocious rate and journalists know this to some extent. If a story comes out of left field, and isn't getting traction, it's possible that a lot of outlets just don't believe it.

It's possible that there's some big conspiracy going on too, but I think you have to keep in mind that outlets have a sense of how truthful a story seems, and they act accordingly.
I suppose i'm more angry that they still cling to the veneer of integrity and impartiality while obviously being completely partisan publications. They're not covering it because Biden is their man, i'd be less bothered personally if they just admitted this. I mean the case against Kavanaugh was considerably less damning than this.

edit: To be clear, I have no idea if this story is true or not and I thought that the Kavanaugh case should have been enough to prevent him from getting on the Supreme Court, even if not enough for a criminal case against him, but you are quite right that a case like this should be investigated fully, which they do not appear to be doing? Maybe i'm jumping the gun and they're on it right now.

Last edited:
I suppose i'm more angry that they still cling to the veneer of integrity and impartiality while obviously being completely partisan publications. They're not covering it because Biden is their man, i'd be less bothered personally if they just admitted this. I mean the case against Kavanaugh was considerably less damning than this.

edit: To be clear, I have no idea if this story is true or not and I thought that the Kavanaugh case should have been enough to prevent him from getting on the Supreme Court, even if not enough for a criminal case against him, but you are quite right that a case like this should be investigated fully, which they do not appear to be doing? Maybe i'm jumping the gun and they're on it right now.

Well... obviously I've no idea. And I actively don't like Joe For Fucks Sake Biden, but I wouldn't discount the possibility that a lot of news outlets took a look at this and thought it absolutely reeked of horseshit and lies. Just like they did when people came after Jane Mayer.

I'm keeping in mind the possibility exists that news outlets have some idea of what they are doing, and they're not all horrific corporate shills.

Well... obviously I've no idea. And I actively don't like Joe For Fucks Sake Biden, but I wouldn't discount the possibility that a lot of news outlets took a look at this and thought it absolutely reeked of horseshit and lies. Just like they did when people came after Jane Mayer.

I'm keeping in mind the possibility exists that news outlets have some idea of what they are doing, and they're not all horrific corporate shills.
I'm not saying they are corporate shills, i'm saying they refuse to acknowledge that they are partially the media wing of the Democratic Party, and that they refuse to acknowledge that their writing has any ideological beliefs whatsoever, and that this is not only fundamentally dishonest but also a massive weakness that allows them to be constantly, successfully, attacked by the right.

For fucksake..... Between this & the baffling 60% approval rating for his handling of the corona virus I'm having nightmares about Trump walking all over Biden in November.

Dr. Fauci has to have security now.

Some of Trump's most zealous far-right supporters have targeted Fauci online, arguing that he's worked to undermine Trump by publicly disagreeing with the president, and have begun spreading conspiracy theories about Fauci’s role.

Dr. Fauci has to have security now.

Some of Trump's most zealous far-right supporters have targeted Fauci online, arguing that he's worked to undermine Trump by publicly disagreeing with the president, and have begun spreading conspiracy theories about Fauci’s role.

Fauci works like an absolute lunatic, huge numbers of hours, 20 hours a day I heard. Meaning he's always on campus. So the way we have it set up is there's a huge (we're talking massive) perimeter around "Main". This is and always has been extremely tightly locked down. We have to swipe in through turnstiles, and then we present our card to security, who checks your card. Every time. They check the photo, they check it matches, they check the date, they check that the building is appropriate. It's annoying. Sometimes they randomly pull you to one side and scan you, and frisk you. One time I got mad, and said fuck it, and turned around and left because things can be so ridiculous at times.

In addition to that at the very start of this thing, they immediately changed the car policy. If you want to drive on campus now they shoot you off to some special area where the cars are properly checked, and then they park them well away from 31 (his building).

Obviously it's insane and disgusting and really telling about the state of the US that nutcases are thinking about this sort of thing, but he along with all of us, are in a pretty secure environment. No one's going to touch him in Main. The other 4 hours? I dunno. I'm hoping he sleeps at times.

Looks like Bernie is finally suspending his campaign.

Joe Biden vs. Donald Trump.

haha.

Sorry to see him go (as a potential national leader anyway), but I wouldn't be surprised if they get a Bernie protege as president in the next 10 years, he's sown a lot of seeds for his ideas among the younger population during his 2 presidential runs that will be hard to uproot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back