US politics (4 Viewers)

bernie-sanders-public-enemy-rally.jpg

My commentary as a Bernie supporter in Ireland, take it or leave it:

Pete is out! Surprised at that. People are opining he's gone into some kind of agreement with Biden to consolidate the vote around a moderate but he might just have run out of money :unsure:

Biden won big in South Carolina, hard to say how much of a difference it will make but a win is a win is a win. Disappointing result for Bernie there in that he didn't win over the black vote which he has to do.

Warren is continuing to go scorched earth trying to drag Bernie, her only ally up to six weeks ago, down with her as she fails to attract any votes and rows back on her promises to not take money from billionaires (just like she did with medicare for all). She seems to be hoping she can win a brokered convention at this point.

Klobucher still there for whatever reason, God knows why.

Steyer dropped out over the weekend. He actually came third in South Carolina.

Super Tuesday up tomorrow, we'll see if Bloomberg is able to buy the election.

Yeah saw that this morning. Unfortunate that Pete is gone but Warren is digging her heels. One without the other would be fine I think but together it's a little worrying.

Maybe I’ve been living under a massive rock but where are these Bernie Bros? I’ve seen so many tweets/posts complaining about how awful they are but I’ve yet to actually see one. Are they more of a real life thing?
If you talk about Liz Warren or Bloomberg online, you'll see them soon enough

I am friends with a group of women online and some of them have quit Twitter over them

The phenomenon is not imagined

Obviously vote for the candidate that most aligns with your views, and from what I know of her there's a lot to like, but in reality she's toast yes?
I think so, yes
For any number of unfair reasons, it seems to be the case

And I think she's a once in a lifetime candidate and she has done real stuff like the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and she's living the American dream, and she destroyed Bloomberg in the debates and relish the chance to do the same to DJT
And she's my senator

It really stinks that she's been erased out of contention - politics is rough

Bernie is so divisive, he fucking broke up Public Enemy

How hard is that to do?

HARDER THAN YOU THINK

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Anyway, here in the real world the Dems are consolidating around Biden to stop Sanders, which may well work.

Last edited:
I haven't been paying attention. Why do some Democrats hate Bernie? Is it that he hasn't a chance of winning (in their opinion) so a vote for him means another four years of Trump? Or is there something in his policies they don't like?

It feels like the Democrat party are like Blockbuster video or Internet Explorer still shouting that they are relevant, but the brand is finished and something else has to take its place.

I haven't been paying attention. Why do some Democrats hate Bernie? Is it that he hasn't a chance of winning (in their opinion) so a vote for him means another four years of Trump? Or is there something in his policies they don't like?

Of course they hate his policies! He literally wants to shift the base of power, their base of power, away from the people who have called the shots up to now. Even Liz is considered "too left" (Obama was too left as well btw) and she is an unrepentant capitalist whose stated goal is to make it run better.

I think moderate democrats see Bernie as too far left the general public swing voter.

American politics is always "it's impossible," - they'll never elect a black man, they'll never elect a dumb as shit tv host with no political experience - until it happens. The people who say it can't happen are trying to control the narrative and keep the power in their interests.

It feels like the Democrat party are like Blockbuster video or Internet Explorer still shouting that they are relevant, but the brand is finished and something else has to take its place.
agreed.

Here is Bernie planting trees in the 80s

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

the communist fucker. This is the future the bernie bros want. TREES.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back