US politics (3 Viewers)

True, I'm just referring to the tendency, at least as I perceive it, to blame Russia for things not going as had been taken for granted

Oh, it's whole shitshow for sure. No doubt.

But given the margin of victory, all these little things like the Russians hacking the emails and the interference from the IRA – along with the myriad other Clinton/Dem fuckups all got traction
It’s impossible to quantify, but none of it helped.

Horrible candidate, with a horrible team, with a horrible message got hacked and fucked over, while anyone doing what we’re doing now – arguing about a Pres election on the internet - got trolled to heck.
It’s like trying to identify which of the things you had for dinner are giving your shit this particular flavor as you are forced to eat it.

You're the one who was talking about it, dummy
Not me

He's gonna keep winning every day til November
And then you can gloat.

In the meantime i'm on the side of hope, the people, and a better future for everyone.

5226.jpg

This is all I'm seeing everywhere from Bernie Bros

Zealots who rage on about anything that doesn't suit them and if they're challenged fly this flag of "Well I'm just trying to get healthcare for people maan" cos they're such good guys

It's like some gamergate redux where it's actually about the ethics in politics

I like Bernie fine
But his supporters make it more difficult every day
Multiply this by a couple of million, and the problem for November presents itself

Voting for Liz on Tuesday

Bernie Bros is still a racist, sexist, transphobic terms that erases the reality of the most diverse coalition in the 2020 primary.

Vote for whoever you feel would be best though, I'm not saying you should do anything different.

Bernie Bros is still a racist, sexist, transphobic terms that erases the reality of the most diverse coalition in the 2020 primary.

Just if there were a bunch of Russian trolls trying to disrupt and anger Democratic voters online, then I have no idea how we'd distinguish them from the actual current Bernie Barstool Bros pissing off everyone that disagrees with them

So the extent of Russian pro-Bernie interference really is unknowable

Maybe I’ve been living under a massive rock but where are these Bernie Bros? I’ve seen so many tweets/posts complaining about how awful they are but I’ve yet to actually see one. Are they more of a real life thing?

I was following some Irish lad on Twitter who went over to volunteer for Bernie just before the Iowa caucus!

Bernie Bros has it's own wiki entry.

Ultimately if Bernie can't appeal beyond white men he won't even win the primary, he has to get the vote out to win. The Washington Post says he did it in Nevada, The New York Times says he didn't (I chose those publications because they are both strongly hostile to the idea of a Sanders presidency).

I think a lot rests on South Carolina.

Last edited:
I can see the sexist part, cos I guess "bro" implies male, right? But racist? Transphobic? I don't get it

The stock idea of the "Bernie-bro" is a straight, white, cis-man and as such the term when applied to the entirety of his support erases those who don't conform to that.

Not to say that there isn't a cohort of his support that is made up of straight-white-cis-male who are total dicks.

The stock idea of the "Bernie-bro" is a straight, white, cis-man and as such the term when applied to the entirety of his support erases those who don't conform to that
So ... we're assuming that if I say "Bernie Bro" then the image conjured up in your brain is that of a straight-white-cis-man? And that inaccurate brain-image is injurious to Bernie supporters from other demographics, so I shouldn't say it?

So ... we're assuming that if I say "Bernie Bro" then the image conjured up in your brain is that of a straight-white-cis-man? And that inaccurate brain-image is injurious to Bernie supporters from other demographics, so I shouldn't say it?

Well, if you were encountering a specific straight white cis guy who is obnoxiously pro-Bernie online then you probably could get away with calling him one.

Bernie bros is reductionist garbage it's basically as meaningless a sound bite as maga if Americans want to have a political discourse based on that level of name calling and labeling so be it. The Russian narrative was also always toxic and a very ridiculous attempt to eschew responsibility for Trump who is 100% American !

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back