US politics (5 Viewers)

Billy Idol (Generation X)
Billy was born in London?

- a long time US resident. actually technically he was born in Middlesex.

haven't got a lot to say on 2020 debate but i watched Fox News a lot 4 years ago.
they wanted Rubio or Cruz to win.
they were shocked when Trump got the nomination and they (especially Bill O'Reilly)
wrote Trump off completely after the recording of him boasting about sexual
harassment surfaced a few weeks before the ballot.
they fell into line immediately after he won though.

ehhh

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ehhh

There's fighty traveler YouTubes more convincing than this.

This is going to you, Junkie Joe Joyce (you junkie bastard)

YOU TOLD ME, that Tommy in Navan,

TOMMY IN NAVAN,

that bet you THREE TIMES in the one night.

I bet you before, Longford Turkey. And you cried. YOU CRIED. You junkie bastard. Same as your mate Junkie Joe Joyce.

I want to fight YOU LONGFORD TURKEY.

"Trump is in cahoots with Erdogan and Turkey because it is in their mutual interest for the 12,000 ISIS fighters held captive by the Kurds to escape into Europe via Turkey. Commit terrorist atrocities and give Trump, Johnson, Orban etc a reason to cast themselves as ‘strongmen’, heightening the divisions in our society, casting all Muslims as responsible whilst providing a much needed distraction from the many problems their economic policies, or lack of, bring to the general population. They now have their scapegoats." From Milk The Cow Podcast

There's fighty traveler YouTubes more convincing than this.

This is going to you, Junkie Joe Joyce (you junkie bastard)

YOU TOLD ME, that Tommy in Navan,

TOMMY IN NAVAN,

that bet you THREE TIMES in the one night.

I bet you before, Longford Turkey. And you cried. YOU CRIED. You junkie bastard. Same as your mate Junkie Joe Joyce.

I want to fight YOU LONGFORD TURKEY.

Last edited:
"Trump is in cahoots with Erdogan and Turkey because it is in their mutual interest for the 12,000 ISIS fighters held captive by the Kurds to escape into Europe via Turkey. Commit terrorist atrocities and give Trump, Johnson, Orban etc a reason to cast themselves as ‘strongmen’, heightening the divisions in our society, casting all Muslims as responsible whilst providing a much needed distraction from the many problems their economic policies, or lack of, bring to the general population. They now have their scapegoats." From Milk The Cow Podcast

i reckon whichever one of trump's lackeys it was (can't remember his name now) who came out and said 'yeah, so what if we did?' in relation to the strong-arming of ukraine, was doing it deliberately and with trump's backing. it's a really obvious play to trump's support base and sticking it to the republicans to swim against that tide.

i reckon whichever one of trump's lackeys it was (can't remember his name now) who came out and said 'yeah, so what if we did?' in relation to the strong-arming of ukraine, was doing it deliberately and with trump's backing. it's a really obvious play to trump's support base and sticking it to the republicans to swim against that tide.

There's a bit of a theory I've heard that he's doubling down on the criminal shit to try to make the Dems rush with the impeachment, knowing that McConnell is going to make everything go away in the senate.

The idea being the faster they shoot their load, tripping over themselves with evidence, the faster they'll and end up with another Mueller report anti climax thing. Then The Orange Rapist can start ranting about Pelosi / Deep State et al being out to get him again.

In reality I think there is no plan. He just says whatever comes to mind, and the lackeys scrabble about trying to shore things up. Then the racists talk about "working in mysterious ways/4D chess", since objectively none of it makes any sense.

It's a bit of a conundrum. Is he a secretly playing head games with all of us? Or is he a grifting simple cunt.

I think it's the latter.

There's a bit of a theory I've heard that he's doubling down on the criminal shit to try to make the Dems rush with the impeachment, knowing that McConnell is going to make everything go away in the senate.

The idea being the faster they shoot their load, tripping over themselves with evidence, the faster they'll and end up with another Mueller report anti climax thing. Then The Orange Rapist can start ranting about Pelosi / Deep State et al being out to get him again.

In reality I think there is no plan. He just says whatever comes to mind, and the lackeys scrabble about trying to shore things up. Then the racists talk about "working in mysterious ways/4D chess", since objectively none of it makes any sense.

It's a bit of a conundrum. Is he a secretly playing head games with all of us? Or is he a grifting simple cunt.

I think it's the latter.

I wonder if the GOP/Fox news have started calculating things with next year in mind and are thinking that maybe he's going to drive away republican voters outside his base; not necessarily to the Dem candidate, especially if it's Warren or Sanders (Biden or Amy Klobithing maybe, and not Harris either because well, you know) but they might stay away on election day or they are preparing the ground for trying to throw him under the bus/something happening with the impeachment that means he doesn't finish his term. Of all the heinous shit he's done this Turkey thing is the first time they haven't been lock step with him, and beyond that Neil Cavuto had a major go at him on air this week, with yer man Shep Smith gone he's now the face of the new part of Fox news

I wonder if the GOP/Fox news have started calculating things with next year in mind and are thinking that maybe he's going to drive away republican voters outside his base; not necessarily to the Dem candidate, especially if it's Warren or Sanders (Biden or Amy Klobithing maybe, and not Harris either because well, you know) but they might stay away on election day or they are preparing the ground for trying to throw him under the bus/something happening with the impeachment that means he doesn't finish his term. Of all the heinous shit he's done this Turkey thing is the first time they haven't been lock step with him, and beyond that Neil Cavuto had a major go at him on air this week, with yer man Shep Smith gone he's now the face of the new part of Fox news

There's no question that GOP/Fox have been calculating next year for a long time. They have to increasingly contort themselves, and blank off certain narratives, and recently give up finding any kind of logic and going for: The Orange One moves in mysterious ways, yours is not to understand The Stable Genius's moves.

I don't know if it's religious adherence or a large fascist sympathy (presumably both) that's keeping this 40% solid.

I think what you're saying is probably about right, they have driven away a lot of "moderate" Rs.

I mean, you'd hope they have? Right? You'd hope that those guys... who voted for a lying, mentally unstable, proud rapist... would be moved by logic and change their mind. Right?

Sorry. I'm just realising how naive that sounds now that I've written it down.

Let's just pretend they have and press on.

Trump will pick up at least some fascist / extremist types who don't normally vote. So the calculation is: are there enough newly groomed extremists to offset the "moderates".

Then this is where I think GOP/Fox starts to split. The GOP is too pathetic to stand up against Trump. It's a collection of Jobsworths, who enjoy the feeling of being able to exert power, enjoy the bribes they get from the local pig farmers, enjoy getting wheeled about in their big boy cars. They just want a job. They have no ideology and will cave to anyone at all, from Trump to Greta Thunberg, if it means they keep getting paid.

Fox does have an ideology, and care about more than squeaking another couple of years into retirement. And potentially they could throw him under the bus, but I don't think they will. Let's say they do, Trump is almost certainly going to lose, and the replacement will be a Dem pres. Fox will whine and moan about that, but have no power over that Pres. The thing about Trump is they can pretty much tell him to do whatever they like, and assuming Trump manages to remember it for the next few minutes, and not see a nice pair of tits wandering about, it will be done.

So Fox would be worse off in the long run. They have some latitude, they can grumble about certain things to Trump, they can even be critical and pretend they are a news organization here and there, but they will be back in lock-step when it counts.

well, looks like i may have been wrong about this being deliberate, if it is true that mulvaney is about to be fired.

The lads putting on a show for Donnie. I especially hate that Matt Gaetz a hole.

The lads putting on a show for Donnie. I especially hate that Matt Gaetz a hole.

also an incredibly stupid thing to do for non-political reasons

Whats his daughter doing there?

The yanks are all kinds of fucked up with the nepotism they stand for

also an incredibly stupid thing to do for non-political reasons

I'm in a restricted access Fed property, not secret, at the bottom of the scale more or less. Guys with guns check you in. If you're not compliant, they will draw their gun on you, cuff you, and lock you in a cell. It's happened to a lad I worked with.

These guys physically pushed into a secure area, containing sensitive info, and camped out there with their phones on.

Nothing happened to them. Presumably the law also doesn't apply to them either.

If you keep on expanding the number of people in government that the law doesn't apply to, and they keep breaking the law for TV cameras, grinning, you start to remove rule of law from society. It's interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back