US politics (1 Viewer)

Unsurprising that he'd be the early polling frontrunner based simply on name recognition. Last time Clinton had that advantage.

This appears to be his platform this time, not a whole lot to me to disagree with

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Most of that shit seems flat-out impossible. Abolish private prisons? I'm all for it, but how?

Maybe Bernie is just copying from the Trump playbook
Same way you stop climate change I suppose, with massive changes? The demographics are increasingly for it.

Thinking about it, arguably Obama was from the Trump playbook too, in 2008 he was the outsider vote for change as well, it's just he didn't deliver.

Most of that shit seems flat-out impossible. Abolish private prisons? I'm all for it, but how?

Can't see the Tweet but I would imagine that it's not an instantaneous blanket ban the minute he takes office. Presumably it would involve sending fewer people to prison in the long run like every other country in the world.

Can't see the Tweet but I would imagine that it's not an instantaneous blanket ban the minute he takes office. Presumably it would involve sending fewer people to prison in the long run like every other country in the world.

Presumably the private prisons have contracts, just don't renew them. Criminal justice reform involving less actual time for non-violent offenders would decrease demand for capacity and if the state owned prisons are still overfilled once the contracts are ending telling the private companies that they can either sell up the state or let the prisons rot while empty because the government are going to build their own.

I'd suspect a lot of prison staff are ex soldiers like the cops are. If he can spin it that they are getting a solid govt number then he'd be onto a solid campaign.

get-out-of-jail-free.jpg

Its not that..although I do like the way it sounds.

the internet has simply given a voice to the mentally ill. And for some reason..otherwise ordinary people listen to them. Its a weird one thats for sure.

But I wouldn't say unprecedented, in the history of mankind

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back